Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge faulty battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last week I bought 2 charge 2's for my mum & dad from Argos @ a price of £110.00 each. This is because I have always liked fitbit and its something I have used myself.

I bought my surge from John Lewis 2 years back. The battery has been poor for the past few months and I finally got around to emailing fitbit about this concern. I got a reply back from fitbit today telling me warranty is expired and they can now offer me 25% discount (note this discount is applicable only on their own website which already has hiked up rates). So I went to charge 2 and after discount of 25%, the price was coming to £105.00. (Remember I just bought 2 pcs charge 2 last week from argos at £110.00)

So fitbit thinks they can con me by offering me 25% off on a price which is already hiked up and then pretending they have given me a discount. That according to me is pure greed and robbery from existing customers.

I have decided not to order anything and I am also returning both the charge 2's back to Argos for full refund. Fitbit can go looking for other dummies to con but I ain't one. I'm happy to pay more for alternatives.

Fitbit clearly knows that the surge had a problem with the battery which is why they have discontinued the model as I cannot see it featured on their site anymore. Knowing the problem, they still didn't feel they should let the customers know of the issue incase they wished to return the item within warranty periods and hoped that the client doesn't complain within the warranty period. We often hear when cars find out their model had an issue, they would recall the full production but fitbit doesn't think they need to do that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Good for you!  I started having a problem a couple weeks ago. My "Surge" battery now demands that I charge it daily instead of the weekly schedule it had been following, and it's only 18 months old.

I paid $249.00 for this tracker, believing Fitbit to be a trusted name, producing a quality product.  Unfortunate that greed has become so pervasive.

Oh well, I will not be replacing this tracker with another Fitbit product.  I will also be letting all in my group know that they will be very disappointed if they invest in the Fitbit name.

Thanks for your help, and stay healthy!

Best Answer
0 Votes