Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Absolutely the worst. I had my Fitbit surge for a few months over a year. The band broke off at the screws. You can not buy a new band or get a replacement. All that money down the drain. Not even 2 years. So disappointing. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I've noticed you are new around @Tbharris8099, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Heart

Sorry for the issues with your Surge. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information, as it was mentioned by our support team. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Yes but Fitbit don't seem to want to listen to their customers.

So many of their customers don't run, walk, bike as their main activities but the only option for us is the  generic workout option.

This would be fine if you had the option of generic workout with GPS as well as HR and a generic workout with GPS & HR and no steps counted.

Or just allow all activities to be edited to any name including custom activities. Then for Horse riding and Skiing i could use bike ride and then edit the name after (no steps counted with GPS tracking and HR) also i could use walk or hike for my exercise classes as I like to use GPS with them and edit after.

Also to be edit the activities on the web (and for android users as well) at the moment it is only possible for IOS users in the app.

Come in fitbit this can't be that difficult and would make so many of your users happy and also give you the edge on your competitors. At the moment i shall probably buy and apple watch when my fitbit dies.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At this point I am still stuck on the fact that you pay all this money for
a watch that breaks just over one year and all they give you is 25%
discount to buy another one. I don't think so. I don't understand how they
don't make the bands to replace it.

*Tara B.

*Luke 6:38New King James Version (NKJV)*38 Give, and it will be given to
you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be
put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be
measured back to you.”

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At this point I am still stuck on the fact that you pay all this money for a watch that breaks just over one year and all they give you is 25% discount to buy another one. I don't think so. I don't understand how they don't make the bands to replace it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Jojoflojo and @Tbharris8099Thanks for stopping by guys! Smiley Happy

@Jojoflojo Thanks for sharing your thoughts on how Surge tracks activities. I think that having the option Workout mode with HR and GPS, is a fantastic idea. I already vote for your suggestions! I have noticed that you have posted a couple of very interested ideas: 

Have the Ability To Edit Exercises Status: Under Consideration

Tracking Exercise: Horseback Riding Status Reviewed By Moderator

We know that this is something that our users need and want, that's why our devs and engineers are always reviewing the Feature Suggestion board. Please stay tuned for any update we might have about those suggestions.

@Tbharris8099 Fitbit Surge has really great features but exchangeable bands is not one of them. Its design is different to the other trackers that we have available like the recent Alta HR for example. Sorry of the inconvenience your're having with your band, but as mentioned before, our Customer Support team provides options depending on our Warranty Policies. You can read the Returns and Warranty policy so you can have a better understanding of the response offered by our Support Team.

I'll be around! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes