Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge gps problems

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everybody,

I've been a fitbitter for about 3 years now and probably couldn't live without it now, started off with a flex and upgraded to the surge in early 2015 and haven't looked back since.

This past week I've been having trouble connecting to the gps network on walks using the hike option, it either takes up to half an hour to connect or loses connection intermittently. I'd put this down to cloud cover or heavy foliage in a new area but this morning I've did a tried and tested walk i do regularly and it's struggled to either connect or keep connection and only tracked part of my journey. It's usually between 6.5 and 7 miles but today it only tracked 5.7.

I've been using the hike function on average of 3 times a week for the past 3 months or so and haven't experienced any problems like this until now. The results have always been in the same region and i can't say I've noticed any drop offs in that time either.

Is anyone else having problems or know of anything i can to to sort this?

*edit*

Had a live chat with Dan from the support team who partially solved my probem by offering an out of warranty replacement. Thanks Dan the survey didn't pop up but 5 stars to you sir.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Just came on to seek help on the same thing.

Didn't have a problem with getting GPS signal until a couple of weeks ago. It now takes nearly 20mins to say it found GPS and even so, it's wildly inaccurate. I thought it might have been due to cloudy weather but that hadn't caused a problem before. So this morning, I tried in the morning with clear skies and it again it takes forever to find GPS.

I was thinking perhaps there's a way to do a "factory reset" but as I found out before it can't be done. Any help would be great. TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried doing a hard restart (holding all buttons till screen fades) several times and it worked fine the following day but back to the same today. My battery life hasn't been great for about a year now (3 days max with all auto settings off and just using steps) so i reckon somethings gone wrong with it.

Is it still under warranty @SunsetRunner if so there might be some options available for repair/replacement? I'd log onto the website from a desktop/laptop and speak to someone at tech support.

Best Answer

Thanks for the tip @Funkybadger. I'll give the hard reset a try and see how it goes for the next few days.

My Surge is still under warranty fortunately so if that fails I'll get it fixed/repaired. Hope it doesn't come to that!

Best Answer
0 Votes