Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not charging (Battery)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First i apologise for my English, it can be bad.

My Surge has stopped charging/holding any charge, it's a faulty battery. I contact support and wait a long time, they help me try to fix with no luck. They say it's under warranty. They then tell me to send it back to another country which cost a lot!

Anyway i agree as i just want my device working, but when i tried to post, they asked what i am posting. So i say "Smart watch with a faulty battery" Now they won't post because it was called dangerous. So i contact the support and advise them that they need to arrange a delivery man to pick the watch up from my house (suggest by post office)

They just said wait and we can see, now i have no watch after a long wait. Will i ever get my watch fixed? My husband spent so much on this for our anniversary and now he has his one working and mine broken, so we don't have competition on who gets most steps ect.

I just don't know what to do next to resolve? I'm hoping someone to help me please?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for joining us to this family, hope you like what find here @XO417Cat Happy

Odd! It' might be that it is not able to charge the battery. Have you tried restating the Surge a  couple of times would be a good idea. How old is your Surge? Clean the charging contacts on the back of your Surge. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

We recommend plugging your charging cable into a different USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker. I'd like to know if you're getting the full battery sign after charging your Surge for 3 hours or how long it takes to show it. Have you noticed if your charger is loose or maybe not connecting properly? 

I'll be around! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I've noticed you are new around @Ivone, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Heart

Sorry for the issues with your Surge replacement! Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Please keep an eye on your PM inbox for next step.

I'll be around in case that you have questions about it. Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. 

It shows a full battery when connected to my PC's USB, but dies seconds after I disconnect. 

Haven't to customer support about it yet. 

Any ideas?

thanks

Best Answer

Thanks for joining us to this family, hope you like what find here @XO417Cat Happy

Odd! It' might be that it is not able to charge the battery. Have you tried restating the Surge a  couple of times would be a good idea. How old is your Surge? Clean the charging contacts on the back of your Surge. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

We recommend plugging your charging cable into a different USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker. I'd like to know if you're getting the full battery sign after charging your Surge for 3 hours or how long it takes to show it. Have you noticed if your charger is loose or maybe not connecting properly? 

I'll be around! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes