Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not syncing after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have a problem after updating the latest OS app software for my Surge vers 2.76.

It was taking ages to sync since the update and I have tried all the variations of problem solving on this site but to no avail.

I have restarted both Surge and Iphone X which is also up to date but it still wont sync!! All other modes of the Surge work perfectly so I can only think it is the update. After trying to sync it comes up with a red warning of not connected to internet but bluetooth is on as is the wffi. Can you let me know if anyone else is having the same problems? Disappointed as this is the first time its let me down.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Dancehead, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

I'll be happy to help with the problems that you're Surge is having. Thanks for trying those steps, it might be that something happen while your Surge was updating the information. In these cases, it's best to try the process again. You can follow these steps, and please make sure your phone and the Fitbit App are up to date too.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes. Smiley Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yojana, sorry tried it all and no luck. It just refuses to connect and asks me is the Surge switched on

which it is. Its definitely the bluetooth connection which is the problem and this only happened

after I updated to the latest Surge update. I think your team need a rethink on this and the app or firmware update needs sorted as all my other bluetooth devices connect easily with no issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I just changed my iPhone and my Fitbit won’t sync to it tried all the usual options but just not syncing

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and for trying those steps @Dancehead. It's strange that your Surge is not connecting after this. We've seen some cases with the "Not connected to Internet" error when the App is not updated. Please confirm that your Fitbit App is running version the 2.76. Also, please check for updates on your phone. You can read more about it here.

Welcome aboard @Eileen63. I'll do my best to help you out with this. Thank for trying those steps to keep syncing with your phone. Can you please confirm what model is your iPhone? Also check that both, the Fitbit App and phone are up to date. Have you tried these suggestions too?

I'll be around, let me know how this worked for you. Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yojana, my phone is up to date as follows: iphone X  OS 11.4.1

Fitbit app: 2.76

Fitbit Surge: 16.34.8.1

I have tried all including deleting app and reinstalling but just refuses to sync.

Cheers

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back and for confirming those details @Dancehead, you've done an excellent job. Have you tried with a different device or PC? I think that we might have to request the help from support, but you can try a different device to test if this will work in that way; otherwise I will be opening a case for you instead.

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yojana, I sent you an email earlier which you might not have got yet but its to let you know that the latest Fitbit App update seems to have cured the bluetooth issue and I am now reconnected.

Hi Yojana, sorry I spoke to soon, the surge had paired and I received the 4 digit code to put in and everything seemed fine until the following day when I went for a run and then it just refused point blank

to sync and told me there was no internet. I have gone to extremes now and ordered an new Surge

and if this doesn't sync then I give upSmiley Sad

Many thanks

Best Answer

Hi @Dancehead thanks for getting back. Sorry I didn't respond earlier, not sure why your Surge is failing to sync again but I hope you don't have more issues with your new tracker. Please let me know if I can further help.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes