Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not working properly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

To date Surge has worked okay for the most part but not spectacular. The strap is garbage and bubbling like others have experienced. The cycling is not always detected and if it does pick up it I am half way through my trip. It records steps when driving on logging roads in my truck. 

The big problem. The action button no longer works, no 'click' to it. To get out of a recorded run or walk I need to reset the watch. So the Surge is almost a year old but i got on rewards points so no receipt and the box is long gone. Do I have a warranty anymore? I did register on the fitbit website when I set it up?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks. Contacted support. When trying to send a message it wanted me to join Twitter which I did not want to do. Used online chat and very helpful. Through my email address Fitbit confirmed my purchase and offered a replacement of the Surge free of charge or a new tracker with 'up to' 50% off. Went for the replacement and ordered the Iconic instead of potentially having the same problems with the surge. Fitbit has stood behind its product hassle free. I was not in the market for another tracker but this is the better alternative. Band looks way better/sturdier. Looking forward to using it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Contact support as they should be able to see when it was first set up, explain that you bought it with rewards points. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. Contacted support. When trying to send a message it wanted me to join Twitter which I did not want to do. Used online chat and very helpful. Through my email address Fitbit confirmed my purchase and offered a replacement of the Surge free of charge or a new tracker with 'up to' 50% off. Went for the replacement and ordered the Iconic instead of potentially having the same problems with the surge. Fitbit has stood behind its product hassle free. I was not in the market for another tracker but this is the better alternative. Band looks way better/sturdier. Looking forward to using it.

Best Answer
0 Votes