Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge screen doesn't swipe to another activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my surge screen will not swipe to another activity, reset my surge and cleaned the screen any ideas

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Welcome aboard @clivem2458!  Thanks trying the restart on your Surge

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I press the left button on my Surge, screen changes to either "Run" or "Exercise", whichever I used last time.  There are various styles of running activities under Run.  You swipe left or right to swap between these top level menus.  Use lower right button to go into "Exercise", and then swipe left or right to scan through a series of exercises, which can be selected in your profile, as well as which order they are in.  Press the lower right button to select one of these exercises, and when ready to start, hit lower right button again.  Fitbit seems to treat running exercises as special, which is why it is higher up the menu level than other forms of exercise, for example bike riding.  The only time my Surge won't swipe is when it gets water on the screen face and a quick wipe off solves this quickly.

Best Answer

I have the same problem 

Best Answer

Thanks for that information @Glenmcd, those recommendation might work for other users having similar issues. Robot Happy

@Hund Welcome to the Forums! Have you tried the steps above? You can also restart you Surge too. But if that is not helping, let me know and I will request a case for you.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

still the same problem cleaned the screen and did numerous restart

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @clivem2458.

Sorry to hear that you're still having issues with your Surge. I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issue.  Cannot get to shutdown option.  Simply doesn’t respond to swiping any more.

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @Riddler63!  Thanks for trying all those steps beforehand, sorry to hear this didn't work.

I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly.  Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine not worked for a couple of months. Anyone found an answer to this annoying issue?

Any help most appreciated.

Best Answer

It's great to see you in the Community @GeoffMillsSmiley Happy

Hope you're having a wonderful day. In order to help your Fitbit to response, please restart it a couple of times in case that you haven't do so and try the following steps:

1. Open Bluetooth Setting on your phone and forget the device
  2. Reboot Bluetooth to confirm it is not there connected
  3. Force quite the App, open it again and go to Account > Surge > delete the Surge from the Account > Remove device (iOS), tap on trash can (Android)
  4. Force quite the App again and go back to Account to reconnect your Surge as a new device

If it is not working, we might have to get in touch with Customer Support to check your warranty options. 

Give it a shot and let me know if that works! Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
The reconnecting process stalls after the code number is inserted. It says it is connecting to Fitbit, but it never does. What should I do?
Best Answer

Hello, thank you for the reply. I have tried the actions that you suggest but there is still no response. After looking at several others with the same problem there does not seem to be a found solution.Is it possible to return it to you for checking? It has sentimental value to me and any help would be most appreciated 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Riddler63 and @GeoffMillsRobot Happy

@Riddler63 Thanks for trying those steps. Can you try to restart it and try it again. If it is not working let me know.

@GeoffMills Sorry to hear that it didn't work. I've contacted our customer support team and they will be getting in touch with you shortly. 

I'll be around in case you need more help.

Best Answer

Thanks,
Interestingly the swipe will work if the Surge has not been worn. But
within a few minutes of being buckeld onto the wrist, it freezes. Maybe it
is a body heat thing, or due to it commencing to monitor the heart rate etc.

Restarted many times without joy.
Swipe function works when surge is not worn.
It freezes when band buckled to wrist. Will even freeze if finger placed
over green lights and chip at the back.

Thank

Rob Riddell

Best Answer

Hi @Riddler63, thanks for those details. Sorry to hear that it is not working all time. Can you please reply back to the last email that you received from customer support. They will be more than glad to give you a hand with that.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still nothing from customer support.  Now in fear of violating chat policy.  Fitbit now useless for weeks.  Time to shop for a Garmin?

Best Answer

Hey @Riddler63, thanks for reaching out again. I got in touch with our support team and it is probably that you got the email but it went to spam, they send a last reply on October 20th. You should have received an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The screen on my surge will not swipe.  It has been this way for several months now.  I have tried all the "fixes" I could find online but nothing has solved the problem.  The surge functionality is severely limited without the ability to swipe the screen.  It will still count steps, but I cannot even view them on the surge (only on my phone).  I have taken great care of my surge, and I am very disappointed that a premium product like this has lost most of its functionality after only about 3 years.  Please help!

Best Answer

Nice to see you here @TDavis5530, welcome! 

Thanks for your feedback. I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly. Sorry to hear that you feel that way, Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer
0 Votes