Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge showing active minutes while sleeping

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi all,

my surge recorded 313 active minutes in the wee hours, i did not wear the watch to sleep. kindly assist. thanks

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @shaela, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for placing your question here. That's not a common one, since your Surge calculates active minutes using metabolic equivalents (METs). For example, a MET of 1 indicates a body at rest. Fitbit trackers estimate your MET value in any given minute by calculating the intensity of your activity. You earn active minutes for activities at or above about 3 METs. Active minutes are only awarded after 10 minutes of continuous moderate-to-intense activity. This is the way it should be working. Robot Very Happy

Now, even though your Surge does a better job of recognizing active minutes for non-step-based activities, sleeping shouldn't be giving you those stats. Robot surprised

Can you please confirm if you have any manually log activity during that period of time in that day? Are you currently getting a correct amount of active minutes for your workouts? Is this the fist time that this happens to you?

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @shaela, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for placing your question here. That's not a common one, since your Surge calculates active minutes using metabolic equivalents (METs). For example, a MET of 1 indicates a body at rest. Fitbit trackers estimate your MET value in any given minute by calculating the intensity of your activity. You earn active minutes for activities at or above about 3 METs. Active minutes are only awarded after 10 minutes of continuous moderate-to-intense activity. This is the way it should be working. Robot Very Happy

Now, even though your Surge does a better job of recognizing active minutes for non-step-based activities, sleeping shouldn't be giving you those stats. Robot surprised

Can you please confirm if you have any manually log activity during that period of time in that day? Are you currently getting a correct amount of active minutes for your workouts? Is this the fist time that this happens to you?

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer