Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge stop syncing even though bluetooth is working!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help

My surge suddenly stop syncing!   Everything is the same, same phone, same surge, same app... it just won't update.  I have not dropped or damage the fitbit in any way.  I already tried re-starting the fitbit, re-starting bluetooth (yes, the phone bt registers the surge link), tried re-installing the app and even tried to re-install the fitbit but here is where it won't work... cannot connect!   Any suggestions?

T

Moderator edit: Title for clarity

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

I am having the exact same issue.  Have tried to resync and now it won't connect at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the exact same issue for the last 2 weeks and have tried everything:  updated the app, reset my phone and Surge, powered off my phone and surge--nothing works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!  Mine stopped syncing three days ago and I can’t get anything to make it start syncing again!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Surge completely stopped syncing today.  I’ve tried everything I can think of.  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue after not syncing for ~10 days because I was away from my laptop. You can try holding the left button and lower right button down together for 10 to 15 seconds. Your Surge should be turned off. Wait a few seconds and turn the Surge back on again. I was able to Sync after restarting.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me...

@StariZec wrote:
I had the same issue after not syncing for ~10 days because I was away from my laptop. You can try holding the left button and lower right button down together for 10 to 15 seconds. Your Surge should be turned off. Wait a few seconds and turn the Surge back on again. I was able to Sync after restarting.

Best Answer

My Surge has also stopped syncing and nothing works.  What gives? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

syncing I tried the hold left button and lower right button also and turning off for twenty seconds and waiting,  and then turning back on and it worked but I also found out on my labtop or desktop I had to leave the toggle in it. to keep it synced don't know why but I did give it a try good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes it also worked for me , but I also had to leave the toggle in on my desktop for it to stay synced, thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree. My husband also has the Surge so I left the room with my laptop and phone, closed the door, placed the doggle into the laptop,  and then re-synced the device.  Only then did it work.  Make sure that you are away from potential competing devices when re-syncing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my fitbit Surge.  It won't sync to my phone it won't sync to my computer. I have turned Bluetooth on and off so many times I can no longer count.  And it find it very odd that we all started having this issue right around the same time.  If anyone has been able to get it to work, please let me know what else to do.  Thanks so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this and it didn't work either...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems that for nearly two weeks it syncs for a day, then stops syncing again.  I go through the entire process that the FitBit customer service folks recommended -- tuning the fitbit on and off, taking it off-line then putting it back online, unlinking and relinking, turning bluetooth on and off, etc. etc. etc. I've spoken to them three times via phone, and I asked each time if others are having syncing issues.  They keep saying no, that I'm the only one.  Clearly, I'm not!  

Best Answer

Yes, mine works for a few days with iPhone only---used to also link to my computer and iPad, but no longer.  I have only had it for a few months and the past month has been nothing but frustration.  I am wondering if perhaps Fitbit did not update to new operating system in iPhone and iPad although I have updated both of them and all show current.  My conclusion is that I may have to return the product with many tears.  Have long been a Fitbit happy customer but the Surge has "done me in!"  Wonder if this is why it is no longer offered on their web site. 

Best Answer

Makes me wonder whether anyone from Fitbit is actually reading these messages!!!!  I suspect you may be right about them not updating their own operating system to work in conjunction with the new IOS system updates from Apple.  Shame on them if that's the case -- and they're certainly not owning up to that situation when you talk to their customer service team on the phone.  They make it sound like the issue is entirely your fault, and that you're the only person having that problem!!! 

Best Answer