Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge strap issues - advice wanted

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

my Surge has developed the much read about bubble effect on the strap. Unfortunately it was given to me by a friend when she bought a new Fitbit. I'm very disappointed indeed. My question is this. Is the strap replaceable? I see on Amazon there are replacement straps with tools and instructions provided. If Fitbit won't replace it has anyone out there bought a replacement online and tried to change it themselves? I'm seriously considering doing this but would like to hear from anyone who has already done so.

Any help much appreciated.

Paul

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@paulynorf There have been numerous people who have changed the strap. YouTube has "how to" video's. Watch the video first to see how easy or difficult it would be for you. Good luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Paul,  check out the other threads on here regarding the band, others have bought the bands and replaced them.  There are you tube videos explaining how to change the band,  Google it and watch to see if you think It's something you could do before purchasing the after market band. Fitbit don't replace the band or any other parts and the surge is now discontinued. Good luck !

Best Answer

@paulynorf There have been numerous people who have changed the strap. YouTube has "how to" video's. Watch the video first to see how easy or difficult it would be for you. Good luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

Hi Redmoonster,

thanks for that. I should have thought about looking on YouTube first. It looks easy enough. It goes without saying that the straps being faulty and the fact that they don't do replacements is poor on the company's part.

Thanks again.

Paul

Best Answer