Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge sync issue on win 10 phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been having sync issues with my surge for a while, eventually it would sync with my phone (then running windows 8.1) - i just upgraded to windows 10 on my phone and now the surge won't sync at all. it won't even connect to the phone's bluetooth.

I have several other devices that i sync up on the phone via bluetooth, including the msft band 2 (don't hate, got it as a gift and am comparing it to the surge), and every other device but the surge is able to connect with no issue at all.

I've had to resort to using the desktop app to sync my band.

I've rebooted both the phone and teh surge with no success.

Any ideas for how to correct this?

Thanks in advance,

-Z

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

I think, if you delete the device the APP reinstall it maybe it will work but Now I am having troiuble AGAIN, it rqn for months ok IPHONe and Ipad now win 10 PC with laterst updates its failing again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply! i just tried the rip-and-reinstall on my phone, no joy.

Right now, the surge won't even connect to the phone on bluetooth... ie: the device never shows as connected on the phone's bluetooth status.

Not sure what the issue could be at this poing - the device syncs instantaneously when i click the sync button from my desktop (via the BT dongle) and my phone can still connect flawlessly with every other bt device i own.

-Z

Best Answer
0 Votes
My win10 will not sync, I think you have to shut off the device for 12 seconds

Stewart
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't been able to synch my Surge in over a month.  Nothing works.  I can't synch with my android or my mac air.  It used to work, but now nothing.  I've even tried synching with my running buddies IPHONE with no luck.  For sure the problem is with the Surge and not the other devices.  Not a happy camper.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@stewartsls wrote:
My win10 will not sync, I think you have to shut off the device for 12 seconds

Stewart

Tried that - i had shut the fitibit off and came back to it 'later' which was a couple hours. No change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Beyondbelief wrote:

I haven't been able to synch my Surge in over a month.  Nothing works.  I can't synch with my android or my mac air.  It used to work, but now nothing.  I've even tried synching with my running buddies IPHONE with no luck.  For sure the problem is with the Surge and not the other devices.  Not a happy camper.

yea - it's like the syncing got progressively worse until it stopped altogether. Again though, i can sync with the dongle with no issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not me.  I've tried everything.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled, turned off and on the Surge until I'm blue in the face.  No luck.  It will synch with satellites when I'm running, so the time stays current, but no luck with any bluetooth device, even the dongle using wifi.  I'm currently in Italy, so when I get back to the states, I plan on stopping by a dealer for a replacement if possible.  Too much money to not work, if you know what I mean.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Surge will not connect either.Man Sad It seems ever since I updated my iphone it has not connected my Surge.

I spent 2 hours yesterday doing every troubleshooting step. Uninstalled app and reinstalled app. Turned off and on Surge and iphone, nothing. It will not even connect on my mac.

Just spent a half hour on phone with customer service. 

My Surge is only 1 month old.

They are sending me a new one. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Weird thing... I was manually syncing the Surge with the desktop app and dongle for a while abd had given up on syncing my surge via my phone. In my troubleshooting, i had gone as far as power-cycling both devices and deleting the surge from my phone's recognized BT devices.

Last night, i was looking at BT settings on my phone in an unrelated tangent and noticed that the Surge was on the phone's discovered devices list with an option to pair - I paired it. It's worked pretty well since then.

My suge hasn't been synced with anything for a few days (my PC with the dongle has been off since Friday).

What gives?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone good to see you @userzero@stewartsls @Beyondbelief and @krzzzylori.

I have seen all of you are having or experiencing several issues to sync the tracker with your devices. I will start with recommending the following for windows 10.

• The Fitbit app is installed on a supported mobile device. To verify that your device is supported, visit http://www.fitbit.com/devices.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device on. To check, go to Settings >Devices > Bluetooth.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, go to Settings > System > Phone update.
  • If you use more than one Bluetooth phone, tablet, or computer to sync, the other one isn't nearby or its Bluetooth setting is turned off.
  • Your tracker's battery isn't critically low.

For those who have iOS devices, you can follow @SunsetRunner instructions for Syncing issues.

If any of these steps were already attempted or did not resolve the issue, is best to contact support. As @krzzzylori mentioned before. Optionally check out Returns & Warranty before contacting support.

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer