Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge usage

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Surge for about 2 years and wear it pretty much constantly unless I am in the shower or in the water. Tonight I noticed that my wrist under the HR part of the surge is very flattened and dented and the tissue does not feel the same as in my other arm at all. I don’t wear the band tight so I don’t know why this would have happened.  I am pretty freaked out about this. Has anyone else experience this? Does it go away?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello my friend @GraceA66, it's nice to see new members in the Fitbit forums.

Thanks for posting your inquiry here, I'm not sure why your skin is now reacting in that way. Make sure to read the Wear and Care page to have tips on how to wear it.  In the back of your Fitbit you will see the green lights flashing those are the PurePulse LED lights, this is used to illuminate the quantity of blood passing by your wrist, this quantity is reflected and captured in the panel located between the lights and this gives you the bpm in your Fitbit. 

The PurePulse LED lights are on the visible spectrum, similar to the lights in your home or office, this means that the lights have very low power so they won't harm your skin. All Fitbit devices are compliant with FCC regulations.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello my friend @GraceA66, it's nice to see new members in the Fitbit forums.

Thanks for posting your inquiry here, I'm not sure why your skin is now reacting in that way. Make sure to read the Wear and Care page to have tips on how to wear it.  In the back of your Fitbit you will see the green lights flashing those are the PurePulse LED lights, this is used to illuminate the quantity of blood passing by your wrist, this quantity is reflected and captured in the panel located between the lights and this gives you the bpm in your Fitbit. 

The PurePulse LED lights are on the visible spectrum, similar to the lights in your home or office, this means that the lights have very low power so they won't harm your skin. All Fitbit devices are compliant with FCC regulations.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes