Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge will not reset after hiking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After I go for a hike and hit the stop button or pause button device pauses but when I hit the finish or checkered flag button (upper right) it will not complete or summarize the hike.  It will not exit the stop or pause screen until I reset the surge and I have a difficult time doing that.  It will eventually reset.  

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Forums @LRB65. I will be glad to assist you with your hiking activity not finishing inquiry. Thank you for letting us know that you have reset the device in order to end the activity.

Could you please let me know if you have to restart your device every time you register your hiking activity? Please confirm that you perform the following steps to reset your Surge:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

I'll be waiting for your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had intermittent problems finishing after a hike.  Sometimes had after hit the finish button several times but eventually it would work.  Then it would work ok for a period of time.  The last week or 10 days, about 5 or 6 hikes, the only way I can return to the home screen is by resetting the by resetting or restarting my surge.  thank you 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for clarifying the issue with your Surge @LRB65. I'll be glad to continue assisting you.

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon. Please check your email.

Let me know if you have questions. Happy stepping. Robot LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes