Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge won't hold charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

My Fitbit Surge won't hold charge at all. I have charged it for over 24 hours now, and every time I disconnect it from the charger it lasts about 5-10 seconds and then dies, saying it has no battery. Works completely fine when connected to the charger. Has this happened to anyone else? 😞

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @10eel@Coco_nuts and @Soula, hope you're doing great! Thanks for joining us to this family, hope you like what find here! Cat Happy

You have some excellent suggestions there! If you found any of those steps useful let's mark @WendyB post as the solution. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member, while also highlighting their solution; so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions.

If  you're still having issues after doing so. I'd like to have some details of your Fitbit. Have you tried restating the Surge a  couple of times would be a good idea. How old is your Surge? Clean the charging contacts on the back of your Surge. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

Check the tips to improve the battery life of your Surge.

We recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker. I'd like to know if you're getting the full battery sign after charging your Surge for 3 hours. Have you noticed if your charger is loose or maybe not connecting properly? How are you changing your Surge?

I'll be around! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the forums!

How old is it? As they do not last forever.

But try these steps

Please clean the contacts
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/My-tracker-s-battery-isn-t-charging/?q=not+chargi...

Then Do a Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Also See this thread for charging best practices. If you are not charging it correctly you could be damaging the battery
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge/Fitbit-charge-battery-problems/m-p/1323307#M53291

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I have the same issue and I feel like I need to purchase a new one. This happened to the old ones too. I think these devices aren't made to last for a long time. 

Best Answer

Is there an solution to this problem? I have a surge that is doing the same. 

Best Answer

Hi @10eel@Coco_nuts and @Soula, hope you're doing great! Thanks for joining us to this family, hope you like what find here! Cat Happy

You have some excellent suggestions there! If you found any of those steps useful let's mark @WendyB post as the solution. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member, while also highlighting their solution; so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions.

If  you're still having issues after doing so. I'd like to have some details of your Fitbit. Have you tried restating the Surge a  couple of times would be a good idea. How old is your Surge? Clean the charging contacts on the back of your Surge. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

Check the tips to improve the battery life of your Surge.

We recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker. I'd like to know if you're getting the full battery sign after charging your Surge for 3 hours. Have you noticed if your charger is loose or maybe not connecting properly? How are you changing your Surge?

I'll be around! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When charging the Surge, it is showing that it is charging. And it is full battery. As soon as you disconnect it from the usb cable , it dies. So the connection isn’t the problem. The Surge itself isn’t unable to hold a charge.
Best Answer

Fitbit needs to give us a reply to thid problem.  How can I make my surge functional again!

Best Answer

Thanks for the details @Coco_nuts, sorry to hear that your Surge isn't working yet. Hi @Soula, thanks for getting back.

I really appreciate the time you're taking to troubleshoot your Surge. If you already check the details above, you can try the following steps since your Surge might be having internal issues:

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Surge from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Surge > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

Let me know if this doesn't help, so I can reach out out support team.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes