Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge won’t swipe

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Surge won’t swipe or tap most of the time. I have reset, rebooted the Surge and app. Deleted the Surge and reinstalled with no help. Rubbing vigorously on the screen sometimes will get it working for a minute but quits again. What can I do now? Can I trade in for a different or upgrade?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

You can read the warranty here

https://www.fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty

Contact support to see what your options are

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Same problem. Contacted customer support and was offered a discount since I wasn’t under warranty. I’ve only been using it since Jan of 2017, so disappointed it has apparently died. If you receive a solution, please post. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

My surge is 3 years old and the last 2 months won’t swipe, and if I press home it will only recognise run. I’m a bike rider and don’t use run. I’ve tried restarting, deleting it from my phone and reinstalling, nothing works . Any suggestions please . Thanks .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have the same situation with the surge. If you would tilt the screen, you might notice there is multiple micro hairline cracks inside the screen, it's below the protective glass. I suspect the digitizer is damage. The device do not syn well too, took me multiple time to pair it, hardly able to get the data in the watch to be transferred into the phone. It got disconnect at 70% data transfer transfer. Any help from Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get help on this issue? My Surge is also recognizing Run only. It is strange that we have the same issue, maybe a software problem...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope never got any help. Apparently it is a problem the surges have, as well as the inner screen “shattering” which also happened. Mine is now dead. I received another Fitbit as a gift or I would have switched brands.

Peace
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Forums @Vix1@JohnGan@MSkora@Purplelj. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your Surge that won't swipe inquiry. 

@Vix1, thank you for letting us know about the steps you have followed in order to resolve this issue. I went ahead and created a case in your name and a Customer support representative will contact you soon. Please check your email.

@JohnGan, thank you for describing the issue you have been experiencing. A support representative will contact you too.

@MSkora, have you tried restarting your device? Does the screen swipe? I'll be waiting for your response.

@Purplelj, thank you for your feedback. If you need further assistance please let me know.

Thank you for visiting the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit surge is doing the same thing, swiping slowly became harder to do! Now it will not swipe at all.

Following help suggestions, I have re started surge many times (over 20) logged out and deleted app from phone. Reinstalled app, reconnected Bluetooth, still will not scroll. Any help would be much appreciated.

Rob.

Best Answer
0 Votes