Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge wristband

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I bought my Fitbit surge a year ago in may. Within 3 months there was some wear on the band just from putting it on snug. All I did was have it on my wrist with normal day to day activities as well as taking it off to charge and putting it back on. About 2 weeks ago the band completely broke so I contacted Fitbit inquiring about buying a new band. They then informed me that it wasn't replaceable and I'd have to buy a new surge. Considering how crappy the original wristband was I suggest to everyone not to waste the $250 on this product because once the band breaks they suggest spending another $250, instead of properly designing the band not to break or to be replaceable. If it was not for the band I liked this product, but who designs a $250 watch with a poor quality band that cannot to be replaced. Thumbs down to the Fitbit surge.
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6
I agree. It is a band for a fitness watch, it should handle stresses of fitness activity. They should sell replacements. If the band breaks after the warranty period, goodbye Fitbit, Hello Garmin.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Surgeband @blutzman Welcome to our Community! Your tracker is covered under Fitbit's limited 1 year warranty and since it was outside this period Support wasn't able to offer a replacement. If you notice anything similar happening to your tracker don't wait nor hesitate to contact support to request assistance. Also now Fitbit has extended protection plans through SquareTrade with some newer trackers.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My brother has the same problem, his wristband just broke on his surge. It is just dumb not to have a replacement band. I have had a fitbit one for a very long time and it works like a champ!

I have been thinking of getting a more advanced model like the HR which I bought though i had to return the first one i got as it didn't hold a charge and the replacement had the same problem so I am back to the one.    I would like to track my heart rate and my brother up until this point has been happy with his surge but now it is off my list if you can't replace the wristband, how shortsighted.

More than likely with check out an apple iwatch or garmin as they seem to be more customer centric.  Have a good day.

Best Answer

IMG_4406.JPGIMG_4407.JPG

This is my third replacement Surge in two years.  Each time the same issue and each time they send me a new one.  They don't want the broken ones back.  So, that tells me they know there is a big issue wit the band.  Now on this one they said, "the original product warranty is only for one year so we can't replace your watch it is out of warranty"  This current one is 6 months old!   They will give me a 25% off discount on a new product!  Why would anyone buy another one when it doesn't even last a year!  I have Garmin and Sunto products that are 3 years old and no problems.   

Best Answer

The exact same thing happened to me.  Each replacement watch had the same strap failure within a few months.  With this third and apparently final watch, fitbit says its out of warranty but will give me a 25% coupon.  Why are they still seling these if the straps fail after just a few months?

@Tzinger wrote:

IMG_4406.JPGIMG_4407.JPG

This is my third replacement Surge in two years.  Each time the same issue and each time they send me a new one.  They don't want the broken ones back.  So, that tells me they know there is a big issue wit the band.  Now on this one they said, "the original product warranty is only for one year so we can't replace your watch it is out of warranty"  This current one is 6 months old!   They will give me a 25% off discount on a new product!  Why would anyone buy another one when it doesn't even last a year!  I have Garmin and Sunto products that are 3 years old and no problems.   

@Tzinger wrote:

IMG_4406.JPGIMG_4407.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

They don't advertise the wristband being replaceable on the surge, but I assure you that you can get one on amazon for $15....There are even videos on YouTube that show you how to remove the 4 screws.....

Best Answer
0 Votes