Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My surge will not sync on a regular bases. Now it hasnt synced since May 21st and I cant get it to at all

What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Richison 

I have a Fitbit Surge and I have also noticed that syncing it can be a pain.

On my Android phone, when Fitbit is working fine, I notice a new icon in my notification bar for the 'Fitbit Sync Service'.  If I select that I can manually sync, view challenges etc.  And everything works.

Well, for a few days...

Then I realise it hasn't synced for days.  Firstly, on my phone, the Fitbit Sync Service icon is no longer there.  On the app itself, when I try to sync it either completes the sync but doesn't upload all data (e.g. it uploads my steps, but no exercise data) or I just get a red exclamation point each time and sync fails.

So I do what everyone else does, uninstall the app, unpair the watch, reinstall the app, re-pair the watch, and even that process fails 9 times out of 10 on the app as it fails to find the watch itself.

So the way I solved this right now is on my Windows 10 PC.  I use the USB sync dongle (Fitbit base station) and install that and the Fitbit app from the Windows 10 Store.  I then use that app to pair my watch, and it works.

Once it finds the watch I can sync it on my computer and it doesn't fail.  It may take longer at the 'looking for tracker' stage, but it will always sync.

So, long story short: if your phone isn't syncing anymore, remove it all, then use the USB wireless dongle and your PC to sync it using the Windows 10 app instead.  For me it works far better and is much more reliable.

Hopefully this will help people on here.

Thanks for your time.

Best Answer
0 Votes