Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have to restart every time to sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi there. For the last three months, I have really been struggling to sync my Fitbit Surge. Whether I am syncing from my Android Phone, iMac or windows laptop, I get the standard "Device not found" message. From there, I have to shut down the device, wait 10 seconds and restart the device to get it to sync. Then it syncs just fine. However, I am finding it annoying that I have to restart each time. There is also no way to update the firmware or anything. Hope you can help, Eddie
Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32
I feel your pain. I have had the same issue for a few weeks now. I set it up as a new device each time and it works as a quick fix. But nothing helps permanently. I have talked with support a few times and they just walk me through troubleshooting. Hopefully they are aware of this happening and fix it soon!
Best Answer

@EddieAuckland A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that you need to restart your Surge every time you need to sync it. As my friend @Emamino88 advised, try setting up your tracker as a new device in order to get this issue sorted out. If the issue persists, I also recommend contacting our Customer Support team so they can investigate further and get you back on track.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friends and I'll be around! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates to this issue?  I'm on Fitbit Blaze 17.8.402.1 and have set up the Blaze as a new device on new computers/phones but still need to restart the blaze to sync if I have not synced in a few days.

Best Answer

Hi I am interested ina  solution as well if there is one.  I have a fitbit Blaze 17.8.402.1 this syncd fine until recently and then has stopped syncing unless I sync every day.  If I miss a day then i have to reboot my blaze.

Best Answer
I still have this issue as well... Updated all Windows updates too.
Best Answer

Hi @Jm224, welcome. It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @wildkouichiCat Very Happy

Thanks for confirming the status of your Fitbit Blaze and for the steps that you've tried until now. In order to help your little buddies to keep syncing with no hassle, please check if you have updates on your phone and in your Fitbit App. I'd suggest this syncing workaround for android and iPhone phones in case that you haven't do so. What model of phone are you using? Take a look of the syncing requirements too.

Please let me know if this works! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit

sorry for posting my Blaze syncing problem in the wrong forum (Surge).  Could you please respond to my post here:  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Blaze-Not-Sync-Unless-Reboot/m-p/2660461#M97247

@YojanaFitbit wrote:

Hi @Jm224, welcome. It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community @wildkouichiCat Very HappyThanks for confirming the status of your Fitbit Blaze and for the steps that you've tried until now. In order to help your little buddies to keep syncing with no hassle, please check if you have updates on your phone and in your Fitbit App. I'd suggest this syncing workaround for android and iPhone phones in case that you haven't do so. What model of phone are you using? Take a look of the syncing requirements too.

Please let me know if this works! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @wildkouichi thanks for calling my attention about the syncing issues that you're still having. I'll do my best to help you out with this. I've moved your post to the Windows 10 board to have a better chance to get an appropriate response. You will be getting information there.

See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer

Any time @wildkouichi, we're here to help. Have a good one.

Best Answer

Sorry to jump in on this thread but I’m having the same issue with my Alta HR, was working fine for months now all of a sudden I have to reset it every time! I checked for updates, reinstalled the app and other recommendations but nothing seems to work. If you have any tips I would appreciate it a lot! Thanks! 

Ps, trying to sync my Alta hr to my iPhone!

Best Answer
Hi, I fixed mine by keeping the battery charged on my Blaise and syncing
every day. If I missed a sync in 24 hours it failed. Syncing every day
appears to have fixed it
Best Answer

Hi @BirdL, nice to see you here. Welcome! @Jm224 thanks for the input, it looks helpful. Smiley Happy

You've done an excellent work, thanks for trying all those steps. What model of phone/pc are you using? If the syncing issue remains with a mobile device I would recommend following the steps below:

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date once again 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Alta HR from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Alta HR> Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

I hope this works, if not let me know so I can check other options with our team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started having this problem about 3 days ago with my Flex and my Moto Play Droid running Android 8.0.0.

If I reset my Flex (via the small hole in the back of the charger), I can sync once. Any attempt to sync again fails, until I reset again.

I followed this thread and tried removing the Flex from the Fitbit app. Again, it doesn't find the Flex until I reset it, but then it will find it. However, it then gets to a screen that says, "Tap the display until you feel a vibration". I tap the Flex repeatedly, and it goes into sleep mode. I tap it again, and it exits sleep mode. However, it never confirms to the app as having been tapped. So now I am worse off than before, as my Flex will not associate with the Fitbit app.

I've tried rebooting my phone.

I have the latest version of the Fitbit app.

The Flex does not show up on my list of bluetooth devices.

Best Answer

I had the same issue with my Flex this month. I had to load it back onto the app with my laptop. Now im finding I have to keep resetting flex to get it to sync with anything. It's annoying but working.

Best Answer

My Flex is doing the same thing! Did an update cause the Flex problems with finding the device?

Best Answer

I think the new app version is the problem. My flex stopped syncing when I restarted my Samsung 7 and a new version of the Fitbit app appeared. 

I have to reboot my Flex by pressing in the whole on the Flex charger to get it to sync. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. I’m on a trip currently and have had to reset my flex twice to get it to sync. I did just do an update as well. Has anyone heard back from Fitbit on this issue yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After going back and forth with fitbit support for a couple of weeks, their final response was that because my phone was not listed on their list of officially supported phones, that they could not guarantee that the app worked at all with my phone, and so they were not interested in helping me find a resolution to my problem.

Well played, fitbit. You can be certain that I will never spend any money on your products ever again, and will happily tell everyone I know how terrible your support is.

Best Answer