Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues between Surge and Samsung A50

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I am having problems syncing my Fitbit Surge with my Samsung A50.

It's been syncing fine up until yesterday morning.  I noticed I had a Firmware Update on my Samsung, which was the June Security Patch.  This was applied and phone restarted.  I just noticed that my Surge wasn't syncing this morning.

Fitbit Firmware:  16.34.6.1

Samsung:  Android 10 Patch Level June 2020

FitBit App:  Version 3.23

Steps I have taken:

1:  Logged out FitBit app, logged back in and manually synced.  Nothing.

2:  Force quit app, re-opened and manually synced.  Nothing.

3:  Force quit app, cleared app cache, reopened.  Nothing.

4:  Force Quit app, cleared data, reopened, logged back in.  Nothing.

5:  Removed Surge from profile, cleared cache and data, uninstalled app.

6:  Re-installed app.

7:  Attempted to add Surge to profile using App.  The App tells me that 'We found your Surge!' and tries to connect.  This gives up after approx 1 minute and gives me the 'Not Working?' 'Try Again' screen.  I have tried this at least a dozen times and still can't connect.

The only thing that has changed between my Phone and Surge environment is the Samsung June Security Patch.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Well that's bizarre!

Just tried to setup my Surge via FitBit Connect on my MacBook and it setup first time.  I then logged into the FitBit app on my Samsung and not only was my Surge appearing, it also synced first time!

So apparently there is a problem adding devices via the app?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is because a user sets up a tracker to there Fitbit account, not to the device they sync to.

Once setup, the app connects the tracker to the phone.

Looking through your list, the one very important step I see missed is to remove the tracker from the phones bluetooth. 

As for removing a tracker from your Fitbit account, this usually simply digs a deeper hole to climb out of. 

Best Answer
0 Votes