Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone problem

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I've recently returned from a trip through multiple time zones in the US: Chicago, Tampa and LA in that order.  My Surge stopped updating the time automatically after I arrived in Tampa; it remained stuck on the Central timezone from Chicago.

I've checked through the community forums and tried everything listed in previous posts with the resetting; checking my web profile; app settings; etc. but the Surge is not updating.  Everything else is normal, but the time doesn't update.  Please advise if I have other options to try.  Thanks.

-M

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @mjhc1983. It's great to have you here. If you haven't done it already, please set up your Fitbit tracker as a replacement device. If this doesn't work, try the following:

1. Double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen.
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion.
3. Open the Settings app from your iPhone home screen.
4. Tap "General."
5. Tap "Date & Time."
6. Ensure that "Set Automatically" is ON.
7. Reopen the Fitbit app. The issue should now be resolved.

Keep up the super stepping. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @mjhc1983. It's great to have you here. If you haven't done it already, please set up your Fitbit tracker as a replacement device. If this doesn't work, try the following:

1. Double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen.
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion.
3. Open the Settings app from your iPhone home screen.
4. Tap "General."
5. Tap "Date & Time."
6. Ensure that "Set Automatically" is ON.
7. Reopen the Fitbit app. The issue should now be resolved.

Keep up the super stepping. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer

Thanks.  Setting it as a replacement tracker sorted the issue.

Best Answer

Those are great news @mjhc1983. I'm glad to have been of help. I would recommend visiting our Discussions board. You can find interesting topics to join and share your ideas.

Nice work! Now, let's get back to stepping. Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Droid Turbo and Fitbit Surge. After coming back from the east coast last Friday my watch has not updated. I have tried these steps for 3 days to avail. Settings on my phone is to auto time zone update which has worked well until now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for joining us @sloppyJoe. The engineering team is aware of this issue and currently working on a fix. It could be a good idea fully charging your Surge and then perform a restart. If it's necessary, please try the above steps more than once. Hope this works.

Catch you later. Robot Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am running an I phone 6.  My settings are already set automatic.  What is the solution to this issue, should I just throw my surge away as it is no longer any use as a watch?

Regards

Dissapointed

Best Answer

This does not fix the issue.  I had this problem for over 1 year and still not fixed.  I travel all the time and this is really annoying.  Please fix! 

Best Answer

I have s Surge that was a Father's Day 2015 gift, I stopped wearing it because of the issues with having to manually reset the time after changing time zones, and yes, I do travel a significant amount. I started wearing again with a week in the office last week (I live in the Central Time zone). This week I traveled to Phoenix (PT this time of the year) and voila, the time to changed when syncing with my iPhone, then to Boise (MDT), also sync'd without issue. I was beginning to think that possibly I received a software update had solved the issue and I must have missed the notification. I landed back in Dallas mid-day today, tried all of the things that had previously worked, then tried everything I could find on the Fitbit website that basically claimed to solve the issue. Guess what, they didn't.

I truly wish the company luck but frankly, I have had it with this device.

Best Answer
Have you found a fix for the Droid Turbo yet?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wahoo! it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What worked ? Help me out please

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you here @JPRTYV and @Glm_25! So good to hear that @EdsonFitbit was able to help with his previous response

@Glm_25 To better understand your issue can you explain me a little further what is happening to your Surge and Motorola Turbo Droid?

Keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes