Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too much calories and stepd

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi recently bought fitbit surge says ive walked over 1000 steps and over 800 cals have been burnt and there is no way i have its my lazy day ive done 200 steps at most and as for 800 cals burnt while sleeping and letting puppy out twice seems extremely high 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3
Welcome to the Fitbit Family @pixiept

This is a pretty weird thing, you getting more steps than what you did. Did you drive that day? Driving can give you credit for some steps that you actually didn't do. Did you log any activity such as walking or running? Has this happened before? Smiley Embarassed

Fitbit trackers use a 3-axis accelerometer to understand your motions which are more precise than single-axis pedometers. Another interesting fact is that Fitbit trackers have a finely tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for intensity and motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking and running.  When working at a desk, cooking, or doing other arm movements, a tracker on your wrist can pick up some extra steps if it thinks you're walking. Heart rate feature helps your tracker to be more accurate regarding calories, but if you have extra steps you will definitely more calories too.

In your Dashboard online you can get more information and details about your calories and steps, if you check the timeline of the day, you'll see at what time this is happened. Smiley Surprised

calories.PNG

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more help! It's great to have you in the Community! Smiley Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi nope i had spent most of that time either in bed or sofa only time i got up was to grab my prepared brekky and let puppy out twice

Best Answer

Okay then @pixiept! I'd suggest a restart for your Fitbit. Then follow the accuracy test for steps, so we can verify how is this working. Robot Happy

1. Put your Surge on your.
2. Walk 100 steps, making sure to count a step each time one of your feet hits the ground.
3. Pause, then check your tracker to see your step count.

If your tracker counted less than 100 steps or more than 100, please let us know and we'll see if we can investigate further. Sometimes, when you start walking you may notice that your steps may not update on your tracker right away. After about 10-15 continuous steps, you'll notice the steps catch up and start updating in real-time with each step you take.

It's important to confirm whether you wear the tracker on your dominant or non-dominant wrist, you can do so by going to your Fitbit App > Surge > Wristband placement. Since this is a wristband tracker your Fitbit might confuse the movements of your hand with steps, it shouldn't be a large amount of steps but there is a possibility that it happens.

I'll be around! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer