Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VO2 Max feature and Surge?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use a combination of Fitbit Trackers: the Surge, Charge HR, and Zip.

I am switching to Surge, Charge 2, and Flex 2.

I like the new VO2 Max cardio health calculation that is advertisied with the Charge 2. Considering the Charge 2 uses the same PurePulse optical heart rate sensor will the VO2 Max calculation in the mobile app also use data from the Surge? For obvious reasons I plan on my outdoor running being with my Surge, plus several days/nights on the road a week I wear the Surge 24/7... the rest of the time I wear the Charge 2. I will wear the Flex 2 only in specific situations (swimming, beach, etc.) where the other two devices are not approriate.

I know Fitbit needs to sometimes hold features for "new" models and even if they could add them to older models, but if I have a Charge 2 on my account can I at least have my Surge contribute to the VO2 Max data?

Thanks.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

On this what's new page it mentions the new 'heart rate experiences' are exclusively for the Charge 2.

https://www.fitbit.com/be/whats-new#new-edition

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

On this what's new page it mentions the new 'heart rate experiences' are exclusively for the Charge 2.

https://www.fitbit.com/be/whats-new#new-edition

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also hoping that the VO2Max comes to the Blaze.  I can not see why it wouldnt

Best Answer

That be wonderful zennode

Hope it becomes available to for existing trackers (Surge, Blaze..)..

Feel free to add your suggestions to the 'Feature Requests' Sub Forum, where users can vote, add comments,.. if there's a certain interest then there's a chance the developers pick it up and it'll be developed.

Important to prevent duplicates Search if the idea already has been suggested and add your vote / comment! Smiley Wink

Feature Suggestions

Click / Tap here to add new suggestion

Best Answer
0 Votes
If it is only an algorithm for the charge 2 why would it not automatically be for the surge and blaze?
Best Answer

Hey guys, it's great to see you around! 😄

@zennode, since this is a new feature and we're just launching new trackers, it only comes for the Charge 2 tracker but over the time, hopefully it will be available for other trackers or even the app in the future. I can not promise that though but it is a possibility as it happened with Reminders to Move which was initially a feature that was launched when the Alta came out but now will also be added to the Blaze.

Let me know if you have any other question!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

@zennode wrote:
If it is only an algorithm for the charge 2 why would it not automatically be for the surge and blaze?

Firstly, this makes an assumption that the code is common across all trackers and no tuning is required for the features of each. (I've no idea either way but it's possible)

Secondly, this ignores all of the testing requirements for the different devices, even if th code is identical.

There's not necessarily anything 'automatic' in making common features available across disparate hardware.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully it would also be extended to the Surge as well.  Given I had a Polar which calcuated this 10+ years ago it would be nice to think all is possible.

Best Answer

Hi, I bought the surge when it came out paying > £200. It would be sad and sinical move a if fit bit is not rolling out the VO2 feature in the surge app. 

After buying the high end/premium fit bit for that time why are adopters of this technology now being Ignored? 

Best Answer

Hey there @Surgeuserold. Great to see you in the Community Forums!

I'm sorry you feel this way. When it comes to new features, in some situations, they are implemented in older trackers through firmware updates but not in every case. Each Fitbit tracker has its very own features and some of them are shared with other trackers but not with all of them.

We still don't have any news on VO22 Max feature being released for the Fitbit Surge but I'd say, keep an eye on the forums for any update on this matter.

Thanks for understanding and any other question you may have, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would be much appreciated to have this feature, considering I was convinced that this is the best fitness gadget according to Fitbit chart presented, the Surge is the most advanced. 

Best Answer

How long should we wait for this? It's been 1 ½ years since your first response. I have been wearing my Surge for 4 years now, I love the watch/tracker, I hate the company. Unresponsive to the boot! Disrespectful of the customers. I've purchased their premium product at the time and they left me out to dry by not including essential features for runners such as tracking shoes and now VO2. Is it laziness, is it ineptness, is it greed and the expectation to make customers purchase newer products? I don't know, but by now I hate this company!

KS

Best Answer

Moved to Garmin 1 year ago. All the features required exist on it .

The surge was a premium product but Fitbit just ignored the early adopters. Don't see any reason to be loyal to them.

Best Answer
0 Votes