Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume Control for Surge??

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can not seem to get the volume control on my Surge to work... I can't even find the controls.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@NYRN While you can use your Surge to pause or skip music tracks playing on your mobile device, there are no volume controls on the tracker. The recently-released Blaze, by contrast, does have volume controls.

You can find more info on music functions in this article.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

What volume control? Not on the Surge... no speakers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NYRN While you can use your Surge to pause or skip music tracks playing on your mobile device, there are no volume controls on the tracker. The recently-released Blaze, by contrast, does have volume controls.

You can find more info on music functions in this article.

Best Answer

i really hope this comes in an update... i was under the impression that this model allowed full functionality.  bummer.

Best Answer

i meant via buetooth to a paired device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally a good idea @NYRN! I think this would be a great feature on the Surge tracker. Please feel free to submit your vote on our Feature Request board. I found a similar idea to yours. I hope this helps. Thanks for your help @SunsetRunner and @MatthewFitbit

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
Why do you advertise that you can control volume with surge then if you can't?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@bnava30 Can you point me to where you saw this feature advertised?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can tell you where I found it. It was in the device compatibility part of your website. I was looking at the features of the Surge and under Notifications + Music there was a link for "View compatible devices." When I clicked on the link to check compatibility for iPhone 5S there was a list of the features. Under the feature titled "Music Control" it states "Adjust your volume and play, pause or switch songs from your smartphone with a simple tap." This is one of the primary reasons I chose this tracker so it is frustrating that when I get it home and ready to use I can't control the volume now.

Best Answer

@SEREDash Thank you for that info, and I apologize for any misinformation provided there. I'll contact the appropriate team to get this page updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I to was under the impression you could adjust volume from surge.
Not happy at all
Best Answer

I have the surge since yesterday, the volume control is still misinformed on the web, I am very disappointed. Marc 

Best Answer

Jfd

This really isn't a solution.to me Its a soft push towards purchasing another tracker that offers that feature.

Is there an eta on getting an update.

Best Answer

It is a REAL shame that the functionality of the two buttons on the side of the Surge can't operate a volume control like the Blaze. Will this ever be incorporated into an update for the Surge?

Best Answer
0 Votes