Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty replacement for my Surge - Asking me to return my defective Surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Surge replaced within months of use. My last surge didn't even lasted a month. When I contacted Fitbit with the screen freeze and broken band issue, they told me to return the defective device, but it was too late. While I was waiting for a response from fitbit, I trashed my defective Surge, I did not expect my surge to be returned (because my other replacement Surge wasn't asked to be returned), so I explained this situation to a Fitbit Management team, but never got a response from them and it's been few weeks now. I'm very dissapointed at Fitbit Customer service and my Fitbit Surge was still Under warranty when it was reported broken to Fitbit.

What should I do now ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

@Johnson_L Maybe a Moderator can help your case. Good luck!

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

Thanks VF31AE3, I sure hope to get a response from the moderator and not getting a "standard response", like telling me to get in touch with support team, which was already done, but haven't got a reponse for weeks now.

So i'm not a happy camper right now !!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Surge has a manufacture (or design) defect and Fitbit should really consider recalling this product.

What do you guys think?? And what can we do ??

I had too many issues with my Fitbit Surge and their Replacement is just not working out !!!!

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer

Hi @Johnson_L Hope you're doing great! Thanks for posting your feedback here! We're very interested in your comments! Thanks for the help @VF31AE3!

Sorry about what happened to your replacement. I've confirmed that one of our team members is already taking care of your case. Please wait for the follow up email since our team has already all your information, they usually check each case and scenario to give a proper resolution depending of warranty information! Thanks for your comment of our service and product again. Your voice is being heard . We're actively reviewing your responses and providing feedback to our product development team.

See you around! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

You should not have trashed the second phone, perhaps it was a new concern and they needed to do quality analysis to find root cause.

Best Answer

Hi, you might be right for my part of trashing the device, but it is unacceptable in any circumstances to not get any response from them for weeks. Have I not written on this thread, I think I will never get any response and this is not good customer service.

Best Answer

Definately trashing a new phone not a good idea? Best of luck though!

Best Answer

@Johnson_L please remember that we are in the weekend, you might not get a response until early in the week, but as @YojanaFitbit has assured you, your case is being looked into.

As,for destroying the Fitbit it looks as if you were assuming. I see it as not common for the Surge to die this soon, especially considering that i know several with 2.5 + year old units still working fine. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the help @Rich_Laue! Please @Johnson_L let me know if you haven't received the information you asked! I'll be around!

Till next time! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks @YojanaFitbit, i did receive an answer back from the other team, unfortunately they were not able to help me out. At this point, I am giving up, i don't think anyone in Fitbit can help me out, no matter how hard I try, or even if I was in still in my warranty period. I think i will be better of with another company. Good luck to other fitbit surge user, you will need it.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Johnson_L! And thanks a million for your feedback. I understand your decision, I'm sad to know that  you won't be stepping with us anymore. I hope you can keep practicing your healthy routines. In case that you need any other detail about your case, feel free to respond them back or you can let me know so I can confirm the information too.

Have a good day! Smiley Happy

Best Answer