Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Timezone - Surge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! I've just returned from a trip out to Seattle. My surge will not adjust back to EST. I've tried everything I know to do-syncing, checking the time zone in my app, restarting, syncing again....anyone have any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome back @Aghouchins. Please try the following from a computer:

1. Log into Fitbit.com
2. Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of your Dashboard
3. Click Settings
4. Click "Personal Settings"
5. Under the Time section, select the correct time zone
6. Click "Update profile"

Let me know if these instructions worked. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome to the Community @Aghouchins. If your tracker is displaying an incorrect time, I recommend changing your timezone to a complete different one, sync your tracker, put the correct time and sync the Surge one more time.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome! Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
Thanks for the info-I tried that and it didn't work! Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Welcome back @Aghouchins. Please try the following from a computer:

1. Log into Fitbit.com
2. Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of your Dashboard
3. Click Settings
4. Click "Personal Settings"
5. Under the Time section, select the correct time zone
6. Click "Update profile"

Let me know if these instructions worked. Woman Happy

Best Answer

I travelled to Florida and my surge displayed the new time zone, I have returned back home to England and my surge refuses to display the right time zone.

I have gone into settings and put the right time zone and tried to sync. No joy!

Please Help as this will be my third fitbit and I will have to get my money back for being faulty, but this time I wont get another one as it is driving me crazy. 

Spoiler
:smileysa 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here @lynjenkins! Have you tried @AlejandraFitbit's suggestions on her previous post (remember to try it using the computer)? If so, please try restating your tracker by following this steps provided by @Rich_Laue; and also, setting it up as a replacement device. You can take a look at this post by @SteveH to check out the process. 

Good luck and keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Hi,

I tried your suggestions. Updated the time zone, clicked submit, synced the watch but it's still showing the wrong time.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks

Jayceen

Best Answer

I had to return TWO surges for this very problem as they wouldnt change time after many different ways to troubleshoot.  I have a third one now that wont change as well.  TIme to send it back a third time.  Must be a bad gliche with these things.

Best Answer

Hi there @bundleofenergy nice to see you here! Welcome to the

That's a pretty weird thing, thanks for sharing your feedback both. Your Fitbit App should be changing automatically with your phone if the App has the "Automatic Time Zone" on in the "Advance Settings" in the option Time Zone. I would like to know why don't you use the "Automatic" in both phone and Fitbit App.

• Check that your phone has this option on:

1. On the Setting on your phone
4. Tap "General."
5. Tap "Date & Time."
6. Ensure that "Set Automatically" is ON.
7. Reopen the Fitbit app. The issue should now be resolved.

• If the "Automatic Time Zone" is not changing try these steps that some users tried a couple of months ago in regards of this issue. 

Hope this works! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Of course I have it on automatic time zone. This is the third Surge that
does not change to the new time zone. I had to send back two already for
this issue. I noticed also on line that others have had this issue too.
Seems like a device failure.
Jodi L. Doucette
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Joditrackersurg. We appreciate the time you took to troubleshoot this.

Some user were reporting similar issues with the timezone a couple of months ago. Did you check this post? This is an unexpected behavior from the Surge, but that workaround worked for some of them. What timezone are you in?How often do  you travel? 

I'd like to keep assisting you with this. Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

My surge reset itself to the correct timezone. I'm not sure if it was the
time change or something else but later on Sunday the correct time showed.

Thanks for following up. Make it a great day and thanks again.

Jayceen

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hi @bundleofenergy! I'm glad to see that it got resolved. It is always a pleasure take care of our happy Fitbitters. Please feel free to come back at any time, our desire is to take care of each one of the members of our family. Heart

Have you checked our Discussions board? If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board  Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here! And have some fun interacting with other users! 

Keep stepping around in the Forums! 

Best Answer
0 Votes