Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another thread about synching

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the last week or so, I've had huge problems synching my Surge with my Android Phone. As far as I can tell, nothing has changed - I have not changed my phone, I have not changed any settings etc. Each time I log out and back out the FitBit Ap, I've deleted and re-installed the ap several times, I've turned the Surge and the Device on and off several times, but it still takes what feels like dozens of attempts to synch my data. This is fast putting me off the device which I've had since Jan 2017, and which previously gave me little trouble. The only thing I have done in recent weeks is add the "bike" exercise to my exercise menu - could this be the problem, I really can't see how it can be. Any help appreciated, as mentioned I have tried all the usual off/ons, log out/ins, de-install/re-install. Many thanks for any help!

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I'm glad to see you here in the Forums, your comments are very important for us @HelenCCarrWoman Happy

Thanks for trying all those steps! I'd like to know which model of the Android family are you using? Because if you started having syncing issues last week, it might related this issue: Android users unable to sync after Samsung Update. If that's the case, we're working on a fix! Let me know if you have more questions!

Have a good one! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi there

I have a Samsung Galaxy A3. It will sync, but takes multiple attempts as outlined and then suddenly it will work. Yesterday evening it took approx 12 attempts. Which is clearly very frustrating.
Hope the fix comes soon!
Regards

Best Answer

I understand where you're coming from! I apologize for the inconvenience you're facing connecting your Fitbit. If you have a computer or any other compatible device, I encourage you to give it a try; at least until we have everything up and running. 

And please subscribe to this thread to have more information about this issue! You can click on the gear icon located in the upper right corner and click on "Subscribe"

subscribe 2.PNG

I'll be around in case you need anything else! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have tried everything the kind Community members have suggested and the very responsive Help line too, however my Surge still won't sync unless prompted six or seven times, turned off and on again, log out and back in on the app. If I leave all day sync on, the battery drains in four to five hours even with GPS off and barely lasts a 10 mile run when on so I have to manually initiate all syncs which means I have to go through the steps above which is really tedious. The purchase of a Surge was a big financial undertaking for me less than 12 months ago - I really can't justify the expense of ditching it and buying something else and it gives me all the functionality I want. Please, does any one have a 'magic bullet' solution yo syncing and battery drain? Thank you.

Hi Fitbit help, thank you so much for all your responses so far; I'm not quite sure what it is you're suggesting I give a try? I've read the thread you recommend but I think the symptoms my Surge has been experiencing were of the bluetooth dying and it now appears to have stopped altogether. I thought I would try to "see" it via my laptop but my bluetooth laptop cannot "see" it so clearly synching is clearly not possible with anything else.

And of course I "unpaired" it from my phone and now can't re-pair it - Bluetooth Classic screen shows "on" or "off", there is no "pair". So now I'm really stuck - I have a watch full of several day's data and cannot access it.

I've had this device less than a year, it cost me a big chunk of my money and I'm really fed up with it.

How can I determind for definate if the bluetooth is dead? If it really is, I may as well throw my Surge away as there isn't any other way of getting data off it, i believe?

Thanks

Best Answer

@HelenCCarr contact support again as your surge is still under warranty, I don't know if they will replace your surge as the surge has been discontinued but it is a warranty issue. Good luck!

Best Answer
Thanks Redmoonstart - I've been in touch with them twice already - just keep suggesting re-starting, re-installing and the latest which is to wait for them to catch up with the latest Android OS release. I don't think it has anything to do with Android OS as sometimes - like 1 in 12 times - it does work. If that was the problem, it would never work!
I didn't know the Surge had been discontinued - I wonder why ????

I know the new model is getting pushed hard! I'm not sure that I want another FitBit - I got accused (by someone in my running club) of buying it just for the brand name and I may have to eat humble pie and go back to good 'ole Garmin! Amazon Prime can deliver me one tomorrow..... tempting.....

Kind regards
HC.
Best Answer

I love my Surge.  But I'm done!  Surge stopped syncing last week.  Over 100 resets no joy.  Tech support had me go thru everything on the forums and internet sites, but no joy.  Customer service will not replace or repair unit because it was a gift, past warranty date, supposedly already replace by previous owner (but I was first as far as I know).  They should at least have a facility to repair $200+ device.  Apple Watch is next for me.

Best Answer

I went with the vivoactive hr and love it, I got sick of issues with the surge and I think this is why it's been discontinued. If you check out this forum there are many people with different / same issues and I guess you can only replace so many before it impacts your profit!

Best Answer

Hi @HelenCCarr, thanks for your patience and for trying all those steps to make your Fitbit sync with your Samsung. Welcome @MillejoRobot Happy

This is the last response that @AlessFitbit posted about that syncing issue. By any change do you have a different mobile device or computer to try to connect your Fitbit, I know this is not ideal but you can give it a try. Sorry for the inconvenience, I hope this gets resolve soon. 

Sorry to hear what happen to your Fitbit @Millejo, we appreciate the feedback you're providing about the Fitbit service and product. We don't have a repair center to repair it but our Support Team always is willing to hep you with your warranty options.

Thanks for your advises and feedback @Redmoonstar. I can see that you're no longer stepping with us, I'm sorry to hear that you had some issue with your Surge. To find more information about Fitbit Surge you can visit the Fitbit Store. If you have more question, please let me know.

I'll be around!

Best Answer