Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit doesnt last a year

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

shouldn't these watches last 1 year at least

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

shouldn't these watches last 1 year at least, this watch lasted 2 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

when I returned my watch for replacement , they sent a watch that would not charge. whats the point of that? fitbit used to be a trust worthy name, now there is no quality control.

Best Answer

When they send a replacement for a bad watch it has no warranty, so they send a bad watch for replacement and they are done with you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When my Surge first broke (the watchstrap delaminated and peeled itself off), I called for support and they sent me a new watch. I was so impressed.

Then, the replacement watch did the exact same thing a few months later and I was out of luck because it had been just over a year since I bought the first one. They offered me a 20% discount on a new watch. I didn't spend over US$200 to buy a new watch every year. 

If you're within the first year, call them and get it taken care of. Beyond that, find another brand.

Best Answer

sorry they did that to you to, it was 2 months and they are expensive, such a shame they have gone down hill

Moderator Edit: All-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a functioning watch but broken bracelet. There is no getting in exchange???????

Best Answer

Amazon have about 30 seller of bracelet to Fitbit Surge and a lot of color to chice about. I tried one, the first half was good but the other did not fit so good, now I have two choices , trow it away or give another seller of the bracelet a chance, I think I will do it and maybe this time not buy from the cheapest seller.

Best Answer

I’ve replaced my band three times from amazon and a strap is only about £6-7 with the tools and easy to replace. Just poor quality material used for the straps but a great product. I’m now looking at other brands for a watch to last for many years with a proper watch strap 🤨

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have problem with the fitting on the band I bought from Amazon, the piece with the metal on was ok but the other part did not fit, The metal on Surge si curved but the band is not.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ingvarThen you need to get with the seller on Amazon

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Your telling us now that a 2+ year old tracker will only last a year? Why wait a year to tell us? 

Best Answer
I did not know about this page, I was just tired of it, but now I have bought strips on Amazon so it’s ok now
Best Answer

@vickidel  I have several devices and all have been lasting  3 or more years

How are you charging it?

See this thread for charging best practices. If you are not charging it correctly you could be damaging the battery

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

That has not been my experience.

Best Answer

There's definitely something going on with the quality of the devices. None of my recent purchases are even making it past 6 months before developing issues. Versa fell apart, the screen literally came apart. I got a second Versa, I forget what happened with that one, then I opted for the smaller screen and got a Charge 3 that had screen issues and they sent me one with charging issues to replace it, so that had to go back and I was using my original which despite the screen issues was still tracking accurately and that one died from apparent water exposure on a swim proof device.  ACE 2 I ordered as replacement for my son's who lost his - the band actual burned his skin.

The only one still going strong is the ACE 2 I got for my daughter and I'm sure the original ACE 2 I got for my son would have lasted if he hadn't lost it. 

Best Answer

yep I bought a garmin as fit bit won't return.

I am charging correctly but new watch did not work.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve moved to Garmin and so far perfect (6months)

Best Answer

garmin works great fitbit does't

Best Answer
0 Votes

if they want to ignore our post for a replacement  then we will find a better brand

Best Answer
0 Votes