Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit start vibrating at night

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I plug my fitbit in when I go to bed to let it charge overnight. The past couple of weeks it starts vibrating around 1am and wakes me up. I had to put a towel under it so it would stop making a noise. The only problem is it starts counting steps. this morning it had 16,400 on the display before I put it on. I am also having issues with the battery, about 4 hours and it is dead. I have not change any settings and can not find anything that controls this. I also checked and have no alarms set.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forums!

Is a fan going on in the room? As it will add false steps.

For the battery

Please clean the contacts
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/My-tracker-s-battery-isn-t-charging/?q=not+chargi...

Then Do a Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If it doesn't help Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

Hope to see you around the forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi @keitho, welcome to the Forums! Hope you're doing well, and enjoying some healthy activities! Smiley Wink

I noticed that @WendyB has offered a really some suggestions to help resolve your issue. If so, I invite you to mark this post as the solution. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member, while also highlighting their solution; so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions

If this didn't resolve your inquiry, please feel free to post back with your questions! I'll be around!

Have a great day! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

well, that did not work. It is almost like there is an alarm set or something. I checked my fitbit and online and it says no alarms. I even checked my phone to make sure it was not something with that. I stopped plugging it in at night and let the battery run out and plug it in when I get up. Thank you, Keith

Best Answer

Hi @keitho! Thanks for getting back, and for trying those steps! Smiley Happy

If you already restart it a couple of times and it is not working I'd suggest try to turn it off at night! You can use the option "Shut Down" in your Surge Settings. This is very odd, there is no explanation on why it starts vibrating all of the sudden; if it is not using alarms. You can also try to reconnect it in the Account to see if this helps. I've sent you a PM too, please take a look of it.

I'll be around! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes