Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge and Tracker not the same

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I always track my walks every morning on my phone so I always  know my pace and mileage. But my surge and tracker never match. My tracker will alert me at a mile but my surge band will show .65 miles. Why is that? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Some things you might check out:

1. are the stride length settings of your phone based tracker and the Surge the same?

2. Do you get the same number of steps on the tracker and the Surge?

3. Check the dominant hand setting on the Surge. note that setting it to dominant hand will reduce sensitivity and might be causing loss of step tracking.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Some things you might check out:

1. are the stride length settings of your phone based tracker and the Surge the same?

2. Do you get the same number of steps on the tracker and the Surge?

3. Check the dominant hand setting on the Surge. note that setting it to dominant hand will reduce sensitivity and might be causing loss of step tracking.

While your Fitbit charges or you just want to catch your breath, join us on the Lifestyle Discussions

Community Council Member

Warren | Cincinnati, OH

Versa Lite, Ionic, Charge3, Inspire HR, Blaze(retired), Alta( retired),- Pixel 3

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lorib66! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community! Cat Very Happy

Thanks for making @wtksk8r's answer your Accepted Solution! You can also try to restart your Surge a couple of times, in case that it is a hardware issue.

Also take in count that if your using your Surge GPS, you need to see if it is connecting properly. If the GPS signal is lost, rest assured that your Fitbit tracker or phone continually  will search for a GPS signal as long as the exercise is in progress. You might have to take in count that the environment you are in can affect the signal strength of GPS.

For example, if you are running in an urban environment with many tall buildings (as you already know), it may take your Surge tracker several seconds to get a fix. For best results, wait for your Fitbit to find the signal before you start your workout. Smiley Wink

Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips. This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Marathon Training or How do you break out of your sedentary lifestyle?

See you around! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes