Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge stopped tracking at all!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have been using my fitbit surge for about two weeks and everithing worked fine until yesterday.

When I plugged to recharge, it sudenly gave me a jump on my steps of 10k and after that it stop recording and tracking everithing. The battery also change from lasting 3 days, to barely few hours.

It connects and runs everything, but it's not tracking.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

How you doing my friend @Menp80? Welcome! Smiley Happy

Wow, that's odd. I'd recommend restarting your Surge a couple of times and then try reconnect it with your Fitbit Account again in case that it is related to the firmware update. If you're using a mobile device you can also disconnect it and reconnected  with these instructions. You Fitbit Surge should improve too after doing so.

Hope this helps your little buddy, I'll be around! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Yojana,

Actually, I've done all that several times and the result remains the same. 

In fact it got worst. After charging it, the screen went dusty with pixels and the next day it showed the battery sign with an "!" (I beleive is for a damaged battery). However, the next day it started up normally but the lack of tracking remains.

Best Answer

Hi @Menp80! Thanks for getting back and letting me know what you have tried to fix the issue! Woman Very Happy

Sorry that it got worst! I would recommend, letting your Surge battery drains completely out, then clean the charging contacts on the back of your tracker. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. I'd like to try that to see if helping the battery to make it work properly, we can fix the hardware too. Cat Frustrated

Then charge it in your Computer for about 3 hours and follow the tips to improve your Surge battery life. Then restart your Surge again. Please keep me posted on the outcome!

I'll be around! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes