Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrect tracking data on brand new surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up the Surge for the first time, and it immediately told me I had taken 852 steps, burned 1,516 calories and walked 2 floors.

I wish I was Superman but I am not and I have done none of those things in the 1 second that elapsed of me turning on the Surge for the first time. I am simply sitting on the sofa.

Why is giving me this incorrect data and what can I do to reset it and start tracking properly?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but I checked that link already, there is nothing there which answers the question.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mnmio15 wrote:

Thanks, but I checked that link already, there is nothing there which answers the question.

there is

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/When-does-my-tracker-reset-and-what-happens-to-th...

your surge shows the values since midnight and the first power on, depending the body values entered in your profile

a lot of identical questions from new users and answers

Best Answer
0 Votes

ok, so the values being displayed on screen must be guesses on what I have done before earlier in the day before I even switched the Surge on, they are not actual values.

It is impossible to climb up 2 floors and burn 1500 calories within seconds of turning on the Surge for the first time.

I'll check the re-set after midnight.

Best Answer
0 Votes