Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synching with Mac

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Apparently I can't synch my Surge with my Mac running Yosemite 10.10.5, but can to my iPhone.  No desktop shows up when I log in on the Mac.  Is there any hope of Fitbit upgrading to support current Mac OS's ?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Same issue here.  Oddly, when I set it up, it synced fine (though only when plugged in).  I've tried both the dongle and connecting via USB -- nada.

Best Answer

Pete, I finally got it to work.  I connected via USB, then rebooted the Surge (hold down left button and bottom right simultaneously for about 10 seconds).  Wait about 10 seconds, then press the left button to restart.  It started, I went to the icon and clicked sync now, and it took about 4 minutes.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Pete_B and @2000C5Woman Very Happy

@2000C5 It is great to hear that your syncing inconvenience has been resolved and that your tracker is now working properly. Woman Happy @Pete_B If you keep having this problem, I recommend following the Syncing Troubleshoot and if this doesn't work, feel free to contact our Support Team.

Let me know the outcome! Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
synching is sporadic. Got the numbers for 1-11 but no synch to day for either my iPhone or Mac. Fitbit synching is just too inconsistent. Meh.
Best Answer

Haven't checked this in awhile.  Not sure if this is a common thing, but I've noticed if my phone and/or tablet are too close to one another, the Surge freaks out trying to decide which device to pair to.  Move one to another room and power cycle the watch and that usually works. 

Only time I've run into this issue again was after recent iOS update.  Super frustrating (had to uninstall/reinstall app, repair with device), but it's working banger, now.  Still have to power cycle watch every few days, but that's an acceptable level of inconvenience.  Now if they could just come up with a better way of doing that than choking the thing out.  I feel like a villain every time I power cycle!

Best Answer

Hi @2000C5,Thanks for reporting the issues that your Surge had with your iOS device after the latest update.

We really appreciate the time you took in order to troubleshoot this. About your suggestion, I also thing it's a better idea to move any other syncing device to a different room when trying to connect. Have you tried these article? It might help your Surge to sync faster.

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes