Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFP changing calories burned from Fit Bit app when walking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, I can’t find an answer to this anywhere. When I walk and track using my fit bit the summary tells me I’ve burned say 220 calories but when my phone syncs my fit bit app and my My Fitness Pal apps it reduces the calories burned to say 110. I have restarted my Fitbit 3 times in a row, I’ve logged out and in of the app and turned my phone on and off. Any advice please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jac-c . I´ll be glad to assist you with your registered calories  inquiry. Thank you for letting us know that you have already logged out and in of the App and turned your phone off. 

Have you tried to unlink your accounts and link them again? This works in most of the cases to correct discrepancies. Also, how are you registering your exercises?

I'll be waiting for your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Andrea, thanks for your reply. I tried this today and unfortunately it didn’t work. I use my Fit Bit to track my walks as excercise. I went for a walk today, the summary on my FitBit told me I had burned 339 calories I then synced it to my app which also said 339 then when I opened and refreshed MFP it all changed to 305. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I apologize for the delayed response and thank you for getting back to us @Jac-c

Please try these steps:

1. Go to your Account Settings (found under your profile picture), and scroll down to Preferences.
  2. Disable Calorie Estimation. 
  3. Turn off Personalized Meal Plans in your Fitbit account. 
  4. Wear your Fitbit for all activities. 
  5. Log your cardio exercise on the MyFitnessPal site. 

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ll try this. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes