Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with Apple Watch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was given an Apple Watch this week. My plan was to wear it 9-6 and my Surge or One the rest of the time. I wanted integration into the Fitbit dashboard as Apple has nothing like this.

I installed Sync Solver on my phone which sends information (such as steps) from Apple Health to my Firbit account. That works fine, the steps are adding to Fitbit dashboard just as if I had manuaaly "logged" an activity.

The problem is that while my steps for the past 7 days  show the correct count - 132, 717 - in the daily graph, the count when I look at the friend's tile only says 73043.

IS there any way to correct this?capture_1.jpg

capture.jpg

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I got this answer from the Sync Solver web sie - Boo to Fitbit, though I realize why they would not want to let non Fitbit owners use therir site, I am a fitbit owner.

"Fitbit recently changed the Fitbit app (around Dec. 1, 2015) to exclude steps recorded as activities from the 7-day total. Your steps will still show up under the activities list but no longer in the totals. We realize this limits the usefulness of Sync Solver, but it is entirely out of our control and we are asking Fitbit to reverse this decision. This decision is actually just the latest example of Fitbit removing functionality from the API"

Best Answer

Like OP, I got an apple watch for christmas, and because of the limited integration with sync solver, and my inability to challenge my friends, I may quit fitbit all together.  I know i'm not going to wear my apple watch and my Surge,  thats too much watch for one man.  So how do I stay a fitbit customer, while wearing my apple watch?   I don't, unless...

fitbit makes an app that works on the apple watch, has all the features and functionality of one of their products.  I would prefer it for free, but I would probably pay up to the cost of their lowest tracker for it. Maybe they make it a value add for current wearers of fitbit devices (you already got my money)?  It would expand their reach across trackers, user participation, grow their customer base over night, and keep the brand loyal customers who have apple watches happy.  Could probably also make them some money in the process.

If fitbit's mission is

"To empower and inspire you to live a healthier, more active life. We design products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life so you can achieve your health and fitness goals, whatever they may be."

This should be a no brainer, because using 3rd party apps isn't seamless, and my goals are to continue to build on my fitbit foundation, and compete with my friends on my new apple watch. Lets get it done, and feel free to credit me when you launch this (if it's successful).

Best Answer
I, too, would really like a FitBit app for my AppleWatch. Reading you say you'd be willing to pay up to the cost of a low-end FitBit tracker for such an app has me realizing that I would, too. Originally I was thinking a low-cost subscription would work (maybe it would, too), but yeah, I wouldn't mind paying a respectable amount to be able to combine the FitBit and AppleWatch experiences.
Best Answer

I would also love to see better apple watch integration with the fitbit app.

Best Answer

I started this thread and there is another one very similar. Sync Solver (iphone app) allows you to import your steps into the fitbit dashboard. However, (and this really frosts a lot of people), FB will not allow these imported steps to be part of the 7 day friends list or any challenge. They were adamnet about this, even though many of us begged.

Best Answer

Hi Allan473,

I too purchsed Sync Solver, but that dosen't stop my 60 year old uncle from heckling me every time he beats me in daily challenges when I record 0 steps with it.  Thats why I am thinking fitbit will have to be the one to activate a proper solution, it likely wont come from a 3rd party app.  With their stock price dumping to where it is today, what do they have to lose by gaining more subscribers, and people using thier service? 

Best Answer

Precisely. I looked into syncsolver but that no longer solves our issues (entirely due to fitbit's fault). 

Best Answer

This makes me sad. I'm there with you. I've had a FitBit for years, and have purchased multiple for myself and family members. I talked it up to basically everyone I knew and encouraged them to buy. And they did. And I have pretty extensive friend list complete with all of the competitions, etc. Then I got the Apple Watch for my birthday, which I love. Which one am I going to wear though? The FitBit, or the Apple Watch? I hate that I have to give up my FB stuff because it doesn't integrate, and I would totally pay a subscription or something to keep using it. But I am going to choose the Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
I, too, just received an Apple Watch & am desperately trying to find a way to integrate the data from the watch into the FitBit app. Mostly because I enjoy the challenges with my friends. Right now I'm simply going to have MapMyRun get info from the Health App on my phone, which gets info from my watch. Then MapMyRun syncs with the FitBit app. Needless to say, it's a bit cumbersome & would certainly be nicer if there was a FitBit app for the Apple Watch. I have had a FitBit for several years now, but I prefer the look & functionality of the Apple Watch, which is why I'm sending my brand-new FitBit Blaze back. The Blaze is neat, but not nearly as sleek or as useful as the Apple Watch.
Best Answer
Sync solver works well getting Apple Watch steps into Fitbit. However,
steps entered that way (or manually) do not show up in friends or
challenges.

--
Allan Rube'
Nashua, NH
all: www.nebirds.com
select: http://allan-rube.artistwebsites.com/
https://www.facebook.com/AllanRubeNaturePhotography
Best Answer
0 Votes

I own Charge HR and Apple Watch. I use Charge for all my workouts and Apple Watch for everything else. It absolutely drives me crazy I can't sync the Apple Watch data back to fitbit app. And to be honest I would gladly trade my Apple Watch for Surge (mostly for the GPS functionality) but after ages on the market it still only offers call and text notifications. I emailed fitbit support and they said they're working on notifications for calendars and 3rd party apps but that was 2 months ago and I stopped holding my breath. I've read the last Surge update added revolutionary functionality of a stopwatch! Wow! I understand fitbit doesn't have unlimited resources Apple has but they're simply shooting themselves in the foot by stranding users. I can't sync my Apple Watch to fitbit app but their own products don't offer any alternatives to the absolutely necessary functionality of an actual smartwatch. This is all very frustrating.

Best Answer

I've emailed Fitbit. This is the most direct answer I've received from them:

Hello Joshua,

Thank you for contacting us.

We apologize, but we can not honor your rquest. The steps that will count towards the Fitbit Challenges will be those that are tracked with your Fitbit tracker or mobile track, we will appreciate your comprehension with this matter.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

You have to contract customer support to delete a Fitbit account.

Moderator edit: content

Best Answer
That's a weird way to say we're not working on an integration. We are comprehending that you are currently limiting the potential of your product, and are respectfully requesting better integrations so that we can continue to enjoy your services. Seems pretty short sighted. I don't know why they can't just give us mobile track functionality for the Apple Watch. I know that if I'm not going to wear two watches when I run, the last thing I'm going to do is have my 6s plus in my pocket when I'm playing tennis. I hope they comprehend that they need to find a solution, or they are going to continue hemorrhaging customers to these other devices.
Best Answer

Hey everyone,

Sounds like this Feature Request for a HealthKit integration or this Apple Watch Integration idea is something you would all be interested in. Robot Happy

If this isn't what you're looking for, please feel free to post a new idea on the Feature Request board.

I'll be closing this thread, please leave any and all feedback on the respective Feature Request ideas that I linked above. 

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer