Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party apps compatible with Fitbit.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my FitBit yesterday and am very excited about it. What other apps do you link to your FitBit? I tried MyFitnessPal, but the food logging didn't seem as good as with the regular FitBit app. I could use some advice on what extra apps to download (Android) and let me know why you like them... Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Here is a list of apps that will connect with Fitbit: https://www.fitbit.com/apps

Best Answer

Thanks! What apps do you use and like?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm curious why you didn't like the MFP food logging. IMO, MFP's database blows Fitbit's away. Syncs meal summaries without a problem. I have Runkeeper going to MFP which gets the data to Fitibit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't like how I can't change my unit of measurement on MFP. I weigh almost everything I eat (unless I'm out and about). I measure everything in grams. WHen I try to log on MFP the foods I search for I usually can't change my measurement to grams. It wants me to enter cups or another measurement that isn't grams. That requires me to use yet another app for converting. It also has login issues, which is very frustrating. I wish the main startup screen did a better job of displaying daily info. Maybe I'm not using the app properly. I do like that it has a much wider food database. I go to Menchies (Froyo) once or twice a week and MFP has Menchies, but FitBit doesn't. Unfortunately, they charge by the ounce, so when I go to MFP to enter it, it only has "cups" available as an entry measurement. Very frustrating. I think it's probably just easier to use Fitbit and enter the nutrition facts quickly myself. Anyway, let me know if I'm missing something...

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I typically find a mixture of grams and ounces, but yes, I can understand your frustration in needing to convert between the two units of measurement. I've never experienced issues logging in so I can't help you there. I don't use the startup screen for anything. I always leave my app in the food diary and each time I open the app to add a food it's right there waiting. I don't use MFP for much else and everything gets to Fitbit ultimately, where I do like the interface more.

Best Answer
0 Votes