Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative options to track steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sometimes I will not wear my Fitbit, but have other means of tracking my steps, like a fossil hybrid smart watch or my cell phone. When will there be a way to log those steps into the fitbit app so that I can keep track of my daily steps in a weekly total?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @mngunderson, good to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! Speaking specifically to sync third party devices is not an option due to the different technologies each brand offers. 

However there are a few alternatives you can try. The first is to review if your phone is able to support the MobileTrack feature here.

(You should be able to see something similar)Capture.PNG

If your phone is not compatible with this feature, you can manually log your exercise in your Dashboard. When you manually log an activity, its step and calorie data override the data automatically detected by your tracker during the same time period. This ensures that your steps are not counted twice as long as the manually logged activity has the correct start time and duration. To learn more about this please review the following post with the steps for Mobile app or Online Dashboard.

See you later and hope these alternative helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer