Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Echo Dot and Fitbit Skill isn't listening

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I installed the Fitbit skill in the Alexa app and it says account is linked and I linked all features but when I ask Alexa for my steps or how I'm doing I get no response. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @dcapper, good to see you one more time in the Fitbit Community! In this case I would recommend to revoke the access of Alexa from your Fitbit app by going to your application settings and click in the Revoke Access button, follow by removing the skill. To remove the Fitbit Skill review the following instructions here.

Once you have completed this process, go ahead an link the access one more time: Setting up the Fitbit Skill is similar to the setup process for setting up any of the other Skills for Alexa. The process is as follows (Note: The Fitbit Skill is only available in the US. Localization is dependent on Amazon😞

1. In the Alexa app or at http://alexa.amazon.com/, search for the Fitbit Skill.
  2. Tap or click Enable.
  3. Log in to your Fitbit account credentials and give the Alexa app access to your profile and data.

Hope this helps. See you until the next opportunity!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did it three times and it's still not working. It's enabled and it says account linked but Alexa doesn't answer when I ask her to ask Fitbit to how I am doing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @dcapper, thank you for keep me posted and my apologies for my absence of this thread. I wonder how it goes since the last interaction, is the issue still persisting?

I'm wondering if by any chance this issue is limited only to the Fitbit skill or is it happening with other skills you may have in use? Also let me know if you were in contact with Amazon support already?

I'll be looking forward to your response. See you later!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working. I pretty much gave up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I go to "skills" and find the fit bit skill, all it shows is "disable". I don't get an "enable" choice. Does that mean its already synced?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Gina1060, good to see you around. I noticed you did not received an official response, my apologies for the late response.

Just to be on the same page I would like to ask you how it goes so far? Are you experiencing issues with the Alexa skill?

Yes, if you are not able to see the enable option, most likely you have already connected your accounts. You can review this by going to your web-dashboard in your application settings, here will be display all the third party application linked to your Dashboard.

It's been a while @dcapper, but are you still experiencing issues? I would like to know if Alexa is not working for you, I do not like to leave a Community fellow behind with no solution.

See you later. I'll be looking forward to your responses.

Best Answer
0 Votes