Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Echo and Alexa Fitbit Skill

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Folks - I've been a Fitbit user / consumer for a number of yeears, but have recently bought myself an Amazon Echo plus smart home device. According to the general support info, the Amazon Alexa skill is enabled for FitBit. However when I search the available Skills FitBit doesn't show up. I might add that I live and breathe in Canada, so I'm assuming this is yet another tiresome "ah sorry, you live in Canada so this isn't available to you at this time" which I've gotten quite used to since moving here a few years ago.

So, my question is, is FitBit available for Amazon Echo users in Canada, and if not when will it be released?

Thanks - Coomz

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

I went into skills on the Alexa app and searched Fitbit and it came up. I'm in Winnipeg. But Alexa isn't listening to me. I have to post a question to the community about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's weird, as I'm fairly sure it's Country specific not Province / State specific. Is your Amazon account a Canadian one or did you register it in the US?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm registered in Canada but I have a US Amazon account too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing the same issue in India..i use amazon India prime account...

Is this skill available in India for Echo Dot?

Best Answer

Same question here... I've just got my Echo and I can't find the Fitbit skill. This skill seems to be available since March 2016. Not in Canada? My amazon  account (and the one I binded with my Echo) is located in Canada.

Best Answer

I tried to download the skill from Amazon itself and got the message that I couldn't download this skill because of "geographical restrictions."  I am also in Canada. Very disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Fitbit for almost a year and just very recently purchased Amazon Echo 2 with Ecobee 4.  I cannot find the Fitbit skill anywhere.  I live in Oakville outside Toronto.  Is it not available in Canada?   Can anyone help with this?  

Best Answer

Live in Saskatchewan and was able to find Fitbit skill and enable it but I get no response when I ask “Alexa ask Fitbit how I am doing today “ I get no response with any questions ask 

Best Answer

I too am having the same problem. It would appear that it has been over a year since this problem was discovered and still nothing has been done to rectify the problem. Does anyone working for Fitbit follow these forums?

I chatted with someone from Fitbit and they were unaware of the problem. They also indicated that the Amazon Echo was not available in Canada. Strange I told her as I have 3!

Perhaps we should all contact technical support to report the problem and we may get some action in hopefully less than a year.

Cheers!

Brian

Best Answer

I am not able to find a "Fitbit skill" on the Amazon Alexa app under "Skills & Games"  Has it been removed from Skills in Canada? Last searched for fitbit app in Canada on March 27, 2019. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As far as I can tell the Fitbit skill has never been available to Canadian Alexa users. There are a number of skills which are either not available or have been modify from the skills that are available in the US. Such as the August door lock which you can unlock by Alexa voice command in the states but are unable to do in Canada.

Hopefully the Fitbit people will make this App available to their Canadian users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for responding. Odd. I swear I saw the skill earlier this year but I couldn’t get it to sync with my Fitbit so I gave up. Tried again today only to see that the skill was not there. Amazon must have removed it from the Canadian site. Not sure why.

John R. Shanahan

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @JRRRRRRRRRRRRS and @Baskerbri.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for sharing your experience and insight on the matter. 

Perhaps you could support this suggestion about it being supported in Canada. You can comment and vote on the idea to show your support. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer