Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to stop Instagram notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I turned the toggle on to receive instagram notifications and later decided that it was a bit excessive and I didn't want them on anymore. I turned the toggle off and synced my Fitbit Blaze with my phone and they stopped for a little while but a few hours later or the next day, I start getting notifications again. I'd like to stop the instagram notifications all together. Can anyone help with this? 

I have an android phone btw..I don't know if that'll help!

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Jaszr, let me start  by giving you a Warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Try to clear the cache of your Fitbit app.

If the app is updated, please log out from your Fitbit account and restart your phone. wait until the mobile device turn On again and go to your phone settings > Look for App manager or Apps. (this option may vary depending of your phone's brand). > Here look from the list the Fitbit app > Tap on it and in the next screen you will have the option to clear the cache of the app.

After you have clear the cache, try to turn Off again Instagram Notifications. 

If this is not helping and the Instagram notification keep returning. Tell your mobile device to "forget" your tracker. The instructions differ by device, but in most cases:

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth and find your tracker on the list.
  2. Tap Forget or Forget Device.

Once you have done this, enable your Notifications again.

1. Open the app and tap Account, then tap your tracker's name near the top of the screen. You'll see a list of tracker settings.
  2. Tap Notifications.
  3. Check the box for Fitbit Notification Service and tap OK.
  4. Confirm which apps should send notifications to your tracker.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So can the fitbit versa recieve Instagram  Facebook and Twitter notifications. Becuase I returned mine due to not getting them and Im considered pretty tech savvy so if you can recieve them you may wanna make it easier to enable because others can be returning like myself. I will buy it again if I'm able to get them..

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can try to do it through this https://spamguardapp.com/. the service removes commercial, non-reciprocal and inactive accounts and stores from subscriptions and subscribers. And it also runs the functionality of monitoring and blocking spam on a subscription basis.

Best Answer
0 Votes