Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any App for Personalized workout?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I just got myself a new fitbit blaze after my Microsoft band 2 gave up (to my sorrow). I have been trying to find an app for Windows phone that allows the creation of a personalized workout with number of reps, sets and rest times. I was hoping that someone could recommend anything. 

In Microsoft Health this was easily doable where you can simply log into your account and create a detailed workout plan which is synced to Microsoft band 2. (although it had a short lifespan, it was a beautiful piece of hardware). I really don't care about the stats (HR, mi, etc), workout plan is my main interest.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @ChuckGH, let me give you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! I see your are more focus in a exercise routine plan that in other stats as most of the users. Fitbit does not have the capabilities to track a workout plan but it will give you a detailed information of your exercise along with the calories you are burning thanks to the heart rate readings if your tracker has the option.

I can't think specifically of an app that provide you a workout plan, since most of the integrations are more focus in cardio exercise. I can mention MyFitnessPal or MapMyFitness services, but these app as I mentioned are more focus in running, walking and other exercises that goes more in the cardio category.

Does not focus in giving you a workout plan, but I really liked this option and is different from what I was mentioned before. I'm referring to FitStar, this feature is great and I suggest to give it a try, you will find very intense routines there.

Creating an account:

Fitstar lets you create an account from scratch or use your existing Fitbit or Facebook profiles instead. You only need to create a Fitstar account once—the same credentials can access any Fitstar app or app.fitstar.com. Basic accounts are free and offer two video workouts (called sessions) per week. If you upgrade to a Premium membership for Fitstar Personal Trainer or Fitstar Yoga, you can select from the entire library of sessions at any time. For more information see What do I get with a Fitstar Premium membership?

Get moving with Fitstar Personal Trainer:

After creating an account and entering your personal details, choose the trainer you'd like to use. To help you choose, watch the short video for each trainer or read their biographies on the Fitstar blog. Next you can take the Fit Test to help us gauge your fitness level, or opt to do it later and jump right into a program instead. Choose the free Get Moving program or upgrade to one of the Premium programs. Premium programs offer more workouts per week, a wider range of exercises, and full access to the Fitstar content library.

Get moving with Fitstar Yoga:

When using Fitstar Yoga for the first time, start with the Yoga Intro session. Matched to your experience level, it guides you through a series of poses and asks for your feedback about half way through. If you'd rather not disrupt your flow, you can wait until the end of the session to rate the poses. Fitstar Yoga will tailor the difficulty and intensity of future sessions based on your feedback.

For more details please visit the following link here.

I know is not specifically what you are looking for, but it might be an alternative. Hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi RobertoFit,

Thank you for your input. It's much appreciate it.

Sadly Fitstar is not available for Windows phone. Also it turned out that the notifications are not supported yet as the GATT is not enabled. There was some chatter about it being available in the Windows insider program (W10 mobile)  but so far I haven't seen any and I am a windows insider participant. It's quite disappointing to be honest. I wish fitbit would consider working closely with MSFT on integrating with MSFT health. it's a GREAT platform.

In the meantime I sadly had to return my fitbit as it did not offer any advantages, in fact as it stands right now, it's nothing but a fancy stopwatch since it did not offer any other advantages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I set a personal fitness goal and work out a plan to achieve it?

Best Answer
0 Votes