Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App log in via Facebook

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm new to Fitbit Flex, I logged in via Facebook but when I try and set up app on my phone it asks for username and password which I don't have. How do I link the 2 accounts?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I didn't set my Fitbit account up with my Facebook account, but I assume you would enter your facebook login & password.  I tried doing a quick search on the support pages but couldn't find anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, wondering if you found a solution. I'm having the same problem. I used Facebook to login to Fitibit when I first set myself up and all was going well, until I got a new phone a last week. Downloaded the iPhone app and when i went to login there is no "login with Facebook" option. Just a regular Fitbit account user name/password (which i don't have).

I have sent a request in to Fitbit support, but their first response wasn't helpful and am waiting on a follow up. You? Any success?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues, did anyone find an answer to this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you originally logged in through Facebook your Fitbit email address is probably your Fitbit address. Try logging out here and then when you go to log back in, choose forgot password to have a new one sent to your email address. If that does not help, send an email here:  https://help.fitbit.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thought post a quick update, after a bit of back and forth, I got Fitbit Support to change/convert my account from one that used Facebook to login to a 'regular' Fitbit one. Thus solving my problem. Don't know if they fixed the app in the meantime though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

6 months and no resolution or acknowledgement from the company, not a great first impression if you ask me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is what I did and it seems to work:

On the iphone app use the link to reset the password.    Use the email account you use for FB.   It will send you an email.   Open the email on the iphone, click the link and enter a new password. 

Go back to the app on the iphone and use that password.   It should pull your old information in from your history.   You can continue to login using your facebook account on other devices.   So, for example, in my case - my windows computer uses the facebook account to login but my iphone uses the password I created.   It would be easier if the iphone had the option to login via facebook, but it doesn't.   Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes