Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Integration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am using syn solver, which uploads steps to fitbit application on iphone but the not to fitbit website.  i would have thought that the app on the phone would automatically update the information on fitibit website for your account.   It just says you haven't synched.

is this an issue or planned?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @esko, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. Sync Solver is a workaround that many users use to sync data from Fitbit to your iPhone app.

This is not official supported by Fitbit since is not compatible and I don't have new updates of an immediate plan to integrate with Apple Watch or any dedicated service of iOS.

We appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience. Stay tuned to the Fitbit Community for more updates.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Sync Solver people at http://syncsolver.com/healthfitbit/support/#40d57177 say that the Fitbit API does not allow updating step totals (except maybe as "activities"?) It looks like one can get some step data into the fitbit database using "Mobile Track", which is done by telling the FitBit app that you don't have a Fitbit tracker and then setting up a "new device" and scrolling down to the bottom of the list and saying "I don't have a fitbit yet" and then the iOS fitbit app will use the step tracking of the iPhone, but I don't think it will take the data from the AppleWatch.

I have just had my fourth FitBit Charge fail (they have all come apart at the strap in under 12 months - fitbit has been great about replacing them but finally stoped doing so) and replaced it with an Apple Watch. Maybe fitbit should consider charging some subscription money for Apple Health integration to offset loss of hardware sales, but if I can't easily sync my Apple Watch, I am unlikley to continue to use the wider fitbit fitness platform when I have so many other options available.

Best Answer

I see that there is a "Sync Solver" group that you might consider joining: https://www.fitbit.com/group/22MF3H

Best Answer
0 Votes