Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch and Strava Integration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys,

so I have been using a FitBit for the past 2 months to track my calories. A few days ago I bought an Apple Watch, and tried to find a new calorie tracking app, but none would do it in the same way as I'm used to in the FitBit app.

So I would like to keep using the FitBit app, but because there is no Health integration, I found out I have to use Strava to connect the two.

But here's my question: How well does the calorie tracking and the overall integration with Strava and Apple Watch work? Will it show the same information, like when I'm using a FitBit device?
Will it still take my BPM, passive calories and active calories in account, in regards of tracking overall calories and a calorie deficit?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Volpey. Thanks for sharing your Strava and Apple Watch integration. 

You can transfer your Fitbit activities recorded with GPS to Strava but I'm not sure how this calories are transferred to the Apple Watch. You can consult where you got that information. 

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Volpey 

I have the feeling the use of Strava as a middle point between Fitbit and Health is not actually the right strategy. In fact it would only sync exclusively the sessions tracked via GPS while my understanding is that you plan especially to sync your daily life in terms of calories burnt.

I'm not an iOS user but I think an app like this would me more useful for your purpose (disclaimer: I didn't try it).

An alternative could be this

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for your advise @Giampi71

The apps you have recommended could be useful for @Volpey.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes