Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps available on the ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone explain what apps will be available on the ionic and will they just be notifications? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Sivory At launch, Ionic will offer Weather powered by AccuWeather, Pandora, Starbucks (North America only) and Strava apps. The App Gallery will continue to expand with more popular apps expected this Fall, like Adidas All Day (US only), Flipboard, GAME GOLF, Nest (US, Australia, EMEA only) and Surfline[ESR4], plus many more apps and clock faces created by our developer community.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

Not quite yet, still in pre-ship stage. Here is a test drive from MacWorld

just a "handful" to start.

Hang in there, great question!

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

@Sivory At launch, Ionic will offer Weather powered by AccuWeather, Pandora, Starbucks (North America only) and Strava apps. The App Gallery will continue to expand with more popular apps expected this Fall, like Adidas All Day (US only), Flipboard, GAME GOLF, Nest (US, Australia, EMEA only) and Surfline[ESR4], plus many more apps and clock faces created by our developer community.

Best Answer

Pandora has withdrawn its service from Australia and New Zealand, will there be alternatives such as Spotify offered as a replacement

Best Answer

I'm honestly wondering how the apps will work. Do you have to have your phone with you to use the apps for data, or what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I assume they will be utilizing the tech they purchased from Pebble.  Pebble requires a connected phone for most apps to work. (big assumptions here)

Best Answer

What is GAME GOLF?  Will that enable yardage readings on the course?

Best Answer

@Cracker65, I have created a feature request to add Spotify, as Pandora is only available in North America.  You can vote for the feature request here.  The more votes, the more likely it is to be implemented.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I just want the my swim pro app to be ported, or swim.com. I hope the built in swim tracker is good and I'll give it a try, but I need some advanced swim metrics. I'm really excited about the ionic and can't wait to see what developers do with this open platform. I'm going to try to dive in myself and see what I can create. 

Best Answer

Is Game Golf going to provide a vast range of golf GPS courses?

Best Answer

At first i thought it was like app store! I was like: wut?

EndoPlayz Wolf
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not implementing Spotify support Will definitely stop me from buying this product.

Best Answer

@Rog71 wrote:

Is Game Golf going to provide a vast range of golf GPS courses?

It already does, being available as an iOS app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to know the answer to this question too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will messages from apps such as groupme show up the same as a text message?

Best Answer

@kwatson05 you can get notifications on your Ionic by any app that can push notifications that you have on your phone. I read Engadet's blog and she mentioned that. I posted it in another thread here.

Best Answer

@Cracker65 We are continuing to explore other music streaming options to further meet the needs of our users outside the U.S. but do not have any details to share at this time.

@SunsetRunner @Jefah No need to have the mobile device with you when running apps, as they work as standalone apps on the watch.

@Hacker Game Golf@Rog71 @SunsetRunner I will provide you with details about the Game Golf metrics once I know about them. More to come.

@Julia_G Thanks for getting that suggestion started.

@Herve.b I recommend voting for this existing idea in our Feature Suggestions section.

@datalore Using the new Swim Exercise mode, Ionic will track laps, length, duration and calories burned in real-time so you can view your stats directly on your wrist during your workout. (Heart rate will not track while swimming.) If you don’t use the Exercise Mode, Ionic will automatically track your swim with SmartTrack when you’ve been swimming for at least 15 minutes and then record your stats in the Fitbit app.

@kwatson05 Yes, Ionic offers extended smart notifications to help you stay connected to what matters most to you. Notifications from your smartphone can be delivered to your device with an on-screen message and vibrating alert, including call, text and calendar notifications, as well as notifications from apps like Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, Skype, Slack, Snapchat, WeChat, WhatsApp and more. You can customize which notifications you receive in the Fitbit app, allowing you to keep your phone tucked away while notifying you of information you might miss.

Best Answer

here are some of the list of preliminary apps for Fitbit Ionic 

Best Answer

@juantamad wrote:

here are some of the list of preliminary apps for Fitbit Ionic 

Funny, I have a nest and use the android app.  Not sure that is something that I would use on my wrist, but I'll download it and check it out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ErickFitbit

I’m in UK & I’ve managed to add my Starbucks card # to my Ionic, but as there’s no funds & I’ve not been to Starbucks this weekend I can’t tell if it works - won’t it?

Best Answer
0 Votes