Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps available on the ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone explain what apps will be available on the ionic and will they just be notifications? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

Is there any possibility of having Racejoy as an app to help family and friends track you as you are running in a race

Best Answer

When will we see apps for navigation and similar? Stuff like Google maps.

Best Answer

@xkylet wrote:

Hi @ErickFitbit

I’m in UK & I’ve managed to add my Starbucks card # to my Ionic, but as there’s no funds & I’ve not been to Starbucks this weekend I can’t tell if it works - won’t it?

I can't even see the Starbucks app, how did you do that? I'm in UK too.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Have you looked in the "all apps" tab? I think I had to add Starbucks to the Ionic. I added some funds & it works fine! Would have been better if I could have just logged in to the Starbucks account rather than having to type in the card # manually - card # not actually that easy to find!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How to I get the Pandora app. I have Pandora plus on my andorid, but there is no Pandora app on the ionic

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 --Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @MrMannilow, the Pandora app should be there.  If you don't see it, try a restart: hold left and bottom right buttons.

Hopefully the Pandora app will then be visible on your Ionic.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am factory resetting for the 3rd time now to try to get it...we'll see!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G I have now reset for the 3rd time by going to Settings > About > Factory Reset. It went through all 3 steps on my phone and downloaded the necessary updates and got confirmation that it was setup successfully. Still no pandora...

20171014_160326.jpg20171014_160339.jpg20171014_160350.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrMannilow, that's odd!  I was missing Pandora too -- although I was also missing a couple of apps you have (settings and Starbucks).

A simple restart -- left button and bottom right -- fixed it for me.  If 3 tries of that doesn't fix it for you (though tbh I would think a factory reset would be as goid as a restart) you may want to get in touch with Fitbit Customer Support at contact.fitbit.com

I have heard that if you accidentally (or otherwsie delete the app) it is no longer available to reload; this sounds like a bug to me, so would be a good thing to report.

Sorry not to be more help at this stage, but let us know how you get on!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G i really do appreciate you trying to help. after the 3rd factory reset and also 2 more restarts as per your instructions left and bottom right and still no Pandora app. what is odd if I look at the storage it decreases as the sync runs so it is pulling from pandora but not allowing me to play it.

I am on the phone with FitBit customer service and they have not heard of this...still on hold..thought I would update. Thanks again!

::EDIT:: OK I had to go into my profile picture within the Fitbit Android app, then go to settings, and set my country to US in there. I had the time zone and country set properly within the Advanced settings of the fitbit app but not my actual profile. All good! Thanks for the help again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Pandora and Starbucks apps will not appear unless the Settings | Personal Info | Country field is set to "United States" in the Fitbit web portal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner this is the odd thing. My time zone and country were set properly within the "Advanced" settings. Phone support made me go to my profile picture, and then settings and again set my country location there which I never did with my Charge HR(just setup on the phone and went years ago)

Oddly enough though the Starbucks app WAS there the way I had it setup. After I added my country to my profile settings the Pandora app appeared. Thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How does one track when new apps are released for the Ionic? 

Best Answer

Any plans for MyZone3 app to be included?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@andrewwr wrote:

How does one track when new apps are released for the Ionic? 

Good question! I’d like to know that answer too. 

Best Answer

Are there plans for a kindle app so I can listen to books while I walk/run?

Best Answer

will there be social media or internet apps

Best Answer

Will the nest app definitely be coming to the ionic?

Best Answer

Is MapMyRun planned for the ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So how do I find these apps? Can I look for them in the app store or where?

Best Answer
0 Votes