Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practices to use Mywellness with Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

just a quick one to find out what everyone is doing with their Fitbit and Mywellness account. Is It best practice to just let the fitbit track activities or is it better to log into the technogym machines with the mywellness account.

Just trying to figure out if activities are tracked twice if using the fitbit tracker and logging into the technogym machines at the same time or is the fitbit app clever enough to figure out it was at the same time etc?

Using a Charge 2 HR btw.

Thanks

Paul

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello there @PaulReyn10, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. This is a great question that I would like to hear what are the best practices of other Wellness users.

As far as I know, according to the integration MyWellness will have access to the following data from your Fitbit account:

• Food logs 
  • Water Intake
  • Weight
  • Activities and exercise

Since this integration is not among our official apps, the information we have available is very limited regarding how far MyWellness goes to retrieve data from your account. Although based on what I know for other integrations; my recommendation is to use your tracker to read your exercise due to the heart rate data. Keep in mind that third party integrations doesn't have access to this information, which may caused variations on your calories burned. However it is important to consider what type of activity you are doing as this will have an impact on how your tracker is recording your information.

See you later and I will be around eager to see the development of this topic.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I use Fitbit Alta and have the mywellness app.

Activities are not tracked twice. 

Best Answer

I use Charge HR 2 and also use Sunnto Quest  with Ant + to talk to Wellness app and techno gym machines in real time. I can confirm that the exercises are not tracked twic. Also since I use both looks funny one watch in each arm that Surge 2 is nearly identical to heart rate monitor. Good job getting this close as HR monitors will always be more accurate 

Best Answer
0 Votes

quick question though - can I import data regarding activities from mywellness into the fitbit App? It seems it only works the other way ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same question..! But as Mywellness is not on the list of the Fitbit compatible apps, I’m afraid it doesn’t work that way unfortunately 😞.  Mywellness collects the Fitbit data but not the reverse. As I prefer my Fitbit dashboard, I’ve had to disconnect the 2 apps. My charge 3 only detects my runs and nothing else ... so I have to make some maths to find out how many active minutes and calories I’ve burnt (minus the run) and enter them manually into the Fitbit app. I think it isn’t the most accurate way of doing things but I don’t know any other  way... Any pieces of advice ? I just wish Fitbit and Mywellness (technogym) worked together in both ways....

Best Answer

It's now Jan 2022 and I have a Fitbit Versa 2 - I've joined the gym which has Mywellness machines. Still no idea how the two integrate other than my Fitbit reading my heart rate and steps!

Wonder if anyone can shed any light on this? 

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes