Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to log a run with MapMyRun?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Currently I use Mapmyrun to record all my runs as that's what my friends use and it seriously helps keep us all accountable. I do not have MMR connected to Fitbit because it's honestly pointless. However, I want my runs to show up in FB, and when I use the automatic exercise recognition or use the app/Versa to start logging a run the stats that FB ends up with are very different than MMR. I'm fairly certain FB overestimates calories burned and underestimates distance. Would it be better to not manually track a run on FB and at the end of my run delete what is automatically recorded and just manually add a run after the fact and copy all the data from MMR? 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for bringing this up and sharing your questions.

I would definitely say that if you find the MMR information to be more accurate, and you prefer the tracking MMR provides, then do as you mentioned. Let the Fitbit do track a run and then delete it and add the information manually so that it matches the information reported by MapMyRun.

Let me know if you have any questions I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would doing it that way affect how heart rate data is sampled? I read elsewhere that in "passive" mode FB records every 5 seconds, and every second in "active" mode. Or does it not matter because an activity like running will be automatically tracked by the SmartTrack feature, leading to the more frequent sample method? I'm also assuming if the SmartTrack feature starts recording the more frequent heart rate sample data then once that data is captured it isn't deleted, even if I delete the automatically tracked exercise. And when I manually log a run over the same time as the SmartTrack was active it will apply that more frequent heart rate sampled data to the manually logged exercise? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for your reply.

In this case given that the HR has already been tracked and synced to our servers, the information will not change even if the activity log itself has been deleted.

For example, if you manually log an activity that activity should display the HR for the time that you logged the activity for. For that it will use the HR data that the Fitbit already tracked.

I hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if there are any other questions on the matter.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes