Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie/Exercise logging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, please can someone help me.

I am trying to be serious about my weight and exercise and have 'myfitnesspal' sync with my Fitbit versa & scales.  However I don't understand how the calories work.

I have a total of 1500 per day and for example I had 311 calories but my fitbit app is showing that I have 711 cals out with 171 left in my budget - what is all this.

Its bad enough the the MyFitnessPal is deducting my exercise from my calorie intake - for example - I have 1500 calories per day, breakfast 311 calories, exercise 281 this is shown as 1500(goal) - 311(food) - 281(ex) = 908 calories left. Can someone please explain this to me - I thought exercise burnt calories.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @perrinpa66 -- 

I've moved your post to "Third-Party Integrations" where more MyFitnessPal users will see it.

Your description of MFP deducting your exercise credit from your calorie budget doesn't make any sense to me (I've turned exercise calories "off" in MFP so I can work off a static daily calorie target regardless of how much I exercise, but when I had it on, it increased the number of calories I could eat by the amount of the credited exercise calories).

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer