Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie count on Fitbit doesn't match Lose It.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm an old Lose It customer, but new to Fitbit.  And, do have the Premium membership in Lose It.  Did an hour on the elliptical wearing Fitbit.  Logged the exercise in Fitbit, but left out the calorie count.  Surprisingly, Fitbit pick it up accurately - 589.  However, when I checked what it synced to Lose It, it only showed "92 exercise calories burned."  Does that make sense?  And, of course, it doesn't show my exercise.  I use to post my exercises in Lose It, but was told only do it in Fitbit or else it will register steps and/or calories twice.  Someone else said take Fitbit off when I do any exercise but walk.  Then log that exercise into Lose It.  Seems to defeat the purpose of having Fitbit.  Anyone got any ideas?  Thanks.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MJM_TX When you manually log an activitiy, your calories will sync to your Lose It! account. Perhaps this post can help you. It provides a few reasons on why you see calorie discrepancy between Fitbit and Lose It!

Manually logging an activity works well for those activities where step count isn't the best indicator of the calories burned. If you are doing an activity that does not require steps (like cycling or swimming), or an activity that requires more than just steps (like tennis or yoga), you can use an activity log to improve the accuracy of this activity's contribution to your caloric burn. - I'm sorry that your post went without a response for so long. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorStephanie | Community Advocate

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@MJM_TX When you manually log an activitiy, your calories will sync to your Lose It! account. Perhaps this post can help you. It provides a few reasons on why you see calorie discrepancy between Fitbit and Lose It!

Manually logging an activity works well for those activities where step count isn't the best indicator of the calories burned. If you are doing an activity that does not require steps (like cycling or swimming), or an activity that requires more than just steps (like tennis or yoga), you can use an activity log to improve the accuracy of this activity's contribution to your caloric burn. - I'm sorry that your post went without a response for so long. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorStephanie | Community Advocate

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you manually log exercise in the FitBit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes