Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories Burned Incorrect to MFP exercise log

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hoping some one can help.

Basically - I use MFP and Fitbit Charge HR.

I have set my Calorie Goal on MFP to 2200 to help loose weight, I have the two Items linked and this seems to be the start of the problem.
My Fitbit seems to be allowing me to burn far to many calories a day and in turn is converting that to to many extra Calories added to my goal in MFP.

An Example of this was yesterday.

Fitbit showed I had Burned 5255 Calories during the day.

I did 12K steps.
This now shows as an exercise addjustment of 2061 calories on MFP Meaning I can consume over 4k Calories (this is definitly not correct)

at most i would have expected an increase of 500 - 900 calories for the walking i did yesterday.

I can not seem to find anyway to bring this level of Calories down? One thing I did think was about my Heart rate zones might need adjusting as it may think i am exercising as my heart rate might be to high.

Some personal stats to help this query..

6 Foot

21 stone

resting heart rate is 66 - 69

Walk and sit at desk each day but do around 10k steps per day.

Please help

Kind Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums @LordLexoda! I'm also a MyFitnessPal user and I'll be glad to help on this. Smiley Happy

I have seen this situation happen whenever both accounts don't have the same caloric budget to work with; so I recommend to disable Fitbit's Food Plan and add your MFP caloric budget as a main calorie goal.

I'll show you how to do it from my profile information. Smiley Happy

First, you'll need to go to your Food log page and click on the arrows on Food Plan until you see the option "Edit Plan".

1.jpg

After you've done this, click on "Set a new Goal" 

2.jpg

Add your starting weight and your desired weight and click next.

3.jpg

Instead of choosing the food plan options provided by Fitbit, click on "Set my own Calorie Target".

4.jpg

Now on MyFitnessPal, click on Goals and (unless you have an specific nutrition goal) click on "View Guided Setup"

5.jpg

Now on your Diet profile, add all the information required.

6.jpg

Now, you will get a Net calorie target for the day. Please bear in mind that mine is low because of my settings, but yours will be different. 

7.jpg

Now, go back to your Fitbit Screen and add the Net Calorie target you were given for the day and click on Done. 

8.jpg

Now you're set! The food you log in from MFP will automatically edit your Fitbit caloric values for the day and it will reflect on your MFP calorie budget for the day. 

9.jpg

A couple things to consider about this: 

1. The accuracy of your Fitbit Log will depend on the accuracy of your MFP food logs.
  2. All exercises and non-step based activities must be logged through Fitbit, otherwise MFP will count them as double. 
  3. Basing your food plan on MFP's settings will disable your "In vs Out" gauge. This is because your calorie information will be displayed on MFP's screen.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions Cat Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forums @LordLexoda! I'm also a MyFitnessPal user and I'll be glad to help on this. Smiley Happy

I have seen this situation happen whenever both accounts don't have the same caloric budget to work with; so I recommend to disable Fitbit's Food Plan and add your MFP caloric budget as a main calorie goal.

I'll show you how to do it from my profile information. Smiley Happy

First, you'll need to go to your Food log page and click on the arrows on Food Plan until you see the option "Edit Plan".

1.jpg

After you've done this, click on "Set a new Goal" 

2.jpg

Add your starting weight and your desired weight and click next.

3.jpg

Instead of choosing the food plan options provided by Fitbit, click on "Set my own Calorie Target".

4.jpg

Now on MyFitnessPal, click on Goals and (unless you have an specific nutrition goal) click on "View Guided Setup"

5.jpg

Now on your Diet profile, add all the information required.

6.jpg

Now, you will get a Net calorie target for the day. Please bear in mind that mine is low because of my settings, but yours will be different. 

7.jpg

Now, go back to your Fitbit Screen and add the Net Calorie target you were given for the day and click on Done. 

8.jpg

Now you're set! The food you log in from MFP will automatically edit your Fitbit caloric values for the day and it will reflect on your MFP calorie budget for the day. 

9.jpg

A couple things to consider about this: 

1. The accuracy of your Fitbit Log will depend on the accuracy of your MFP food logs.
  2. All exercises and non-step based activities must be logged through Fitbit, otherwise MFP will count them as double. 
  3. Basing your food plan on MFP's settings will disable your "In vs Out" gauge. This is because your calorie information will be displayed on MFP's screen.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions Cat Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, I already did this. That was the link I provided showing inconsistent information btw FItbit and MFP on which app to enter exercise in. 

I changed the calorie thing on Fitbit to match that of MFP, going through the steps on that tutorial. Then I added my water exercise to my Fitbit dashboard and it changed nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It still either doesn't change calories earned at all through Fitbit, or completely eliminates what Fitbit adjusts when I add it to MFP. 

UGH! I'm so sorry.. I posted these replies on the wrong page. 

Best Answer
0 Votes